Tele and JTM45 on loan, clip inside. What do you guys think please?

riffy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by riffy

Friend loaned me the tele and JTM45 for an indef period of time. I love the sound of this. I don't know if you all will or not.

Tell me what you think please?

Gary

Chime, chime, chime... I love it. A buddy of mine has a reissue and I gas hard for those cleans and that point for where it just breaks up.

I'll join the chorus and say I'd love to hear it dry.

• Members

Well when your unique style sounds like me it is more of a curse!
:freak:

Not sure about that either... :D

My only complaint (if you could even call it that) is that your recordings have always been a bit too wet with too many guitars. The playing, note choice, tone etc.. has ALWAYS been very very good. That's really your style man.

• Members
Originally posted by vlad

Not sure about that either...
:D

My only complaint (if you could even call it that) is that your recordings have always been a bit too wet with too many guitars. The playing, note choice, tone etc.. has ALWAYS been very very good. That's really your style man.

Now that I can understand. On this one there are three tracks of rhythm guitar all doing different things. Note choice is something I don't have much control over. It just comes out buddy.

• Members

Now that I can understand. On this one there are three tracks of rhythm guitar all doing different things. Note choice is something I don't have much control over. It just comes out buddy.

Yup... I've noticed that about your clips... It sounds huge, but almost too huge... Like I don't know where to focus my attention.

• Members

Yup... I've noticed that about your clips... It sounds huge, but almost too huge... Like I don't know where to focus my attention.

That is something I really need to work on then... Unless I am only gonna play for stoned people:D That kinda thing goes over BIG with them...lol

• Members

Originally posted by ClamBoy

Chime, chime, chime... I love it. A buddy of mine has a reissue and I gas hard for those cleans and that point for where it just breaks up.

I'll join the chorus and say I'd love to hear it dry.

That is the part that is killing me about this amp... The cleans and that "just breaking up" part. It is a killer roots style amp as well as a country or just all around clean amp!

• Members

That is the part that is killing me about this amp... The cleans and that "just breaking up" part. It is a killer roots style amp as well as a country or just all around clean amp!

I've always liked my cleans with a bit of hair on them. That's what I do with the Flexi... boost on, master off and roll back the guitar volume for cleans. Is there such a thing called "hairy chime"? Jeez...that doesn't sound good at all.

• Members

That is something I really need to work on then... Unless I am only gonna play for stoned people:D That kinda thing goes over BIG with them...lol

It should actually be easier no? Less playing?

• Members

Originally posted by ClamBoy

I've always liked my cleans with a bit of hair on them. That's what I do with the Flexi... boost on, master off and roll back the guitar volume for cleans. Is there such a thing called "hairy chime"? Jeez...that doesn't sound good at all.

heheheh.

Me too! I love the hairy chime! May not sound good but describes a gorgeous sound perfectly!

• Members

It should actually be easier no? Less playing?

That is true. Less playing is easier but makes the mixes seem somewhat naked to me... I know you know what I am trying to say...lol... But maybe like a person a naked mix is good!:freak:

• Members

That is true. Less playing is easier but makes the mixes seem somewhat naked to me... I know you know what I am trying to say...lol... But maybe like a person a naked mix is good!
:freak:

sparse... I gotcha... ;):D

Which isn't bad... Since sometimes... sparse is good... ;)

• Members

sparse... I gotcha...
;):D

Which isn't bad... Since sometimes... sparse is good...
;)

Next clip, sparse comin' up!
I think I am like a bad Steve Vai. My mixes are dense in a bad way...lol

• Members

Next clip, sparse comin' up!

I think I am like a bad Steve Vai. My mixes are dense in a bad way...lol

yet they're mixed well... Just a bit distracting. Nothing to be too upset over that's for damn sure..

• Members

Originally posted by gibson5413

That sounded really cool! Awesome vibe going on in that clip. Keep 'em coming!

Thank you very much. I also dug the clips you did of the Powerball and the SE. I was diggin' on the SE personally!

Gary

• Members

yet they're mixed well... Just a bit distracting. Nothing to be too upset over that's for damn sure..

Ok, :D My upset has passed:D
Distraction is also my middle name I think. Maybe that is why I make clips the way I do? I get distracted easily? Honestly speaking now too...lol

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

here's a clip of my JTM45 on a "clean" setting with my squier 51:

Dang! That Squire 51 sounds pretty hot to me! I really dig that sound too Robo. I would have no problems with that guitar! How does it play?

Archived