So I finally got a Roland JV1080...

JnBroadbent

• Members

(well my keyboardist did but she left it here...) :cop:

img1254238914648.jpg

Played with the default stuff and it's pretty cool. But damn these mid 90's interfaces, 2 lines to scroll through so much stuff. I'm not a keyboardist mind you.

The manual isn't layed out too well and i've read there some instructional DVD for the JV's out there that's supposed to be very well made? Is it on some site or anything? A quick google search came uup with nothing.

I'm also looking for the Orchestral expansion card so if you have one for sale, let me know!

• Members

You would be better off looking for a expanded unit with the card your after. It will probably come to you for little more than just the card. The 2080 has a better screen, but the 5080's are supposed to have better converters and a even better screen.

• Members

There has been lots of talk about the 5050 as a excellent overall upgrade.

I'll eventually settle on one of the XV units myself.

There was at one time plenty of patches on the net. I don't know how they are at this point.

Good luck on your project, that's a killer piece.

• Members

The manual isn't layed out too well and i've read there some instructional DVD for the JV's out there that's supposed to be very well made? Is it on some site or anything? A quick google search came uup with nothing.

See at the bottom of this page :

http://www.nathansheldon.com/xp-80/vom/

Once you get used to it, navigating the 2 line LCD UI is kinda faster than on big screened JV/XP. Lots of shortcuts. Shift button and Palette mode are your friends.

:thu:

• Members

There has been lots of talk about the 5050 as a excellent overall upgrade.

I'll eventually settle on one of the XV units myself.

There was at one time plenty of patches on the net. I don't know how they are at this point.

Good luck on your project, that's a killer piece.

I found a bunch of patches but some of them plain fucking suck.

She ordered a orchestral card off ebay for 60 bucks so that'll be awesome.

We're just excited to use some awesome hardware that sounds so fucking nice vs. Reason 4 (which is great) but i'd like to be able to replicate the same sounds live.

And the strings/pads/bells/leads are all better. :cop::cop:

Archived