Crate VC2110R tube layout?

MrTrash

• Members

I don't have a schematic for my Crate VC2110R and I'd like to know which preamp tube is the phase inverter tube. Can someone tell me? Left to right as you look at the bottom of the chassis there is V1 (which is the regular preamp spot), V2, and then set back a bit is V3. I was assuming - maybe incorrectly - that V2 was the phase inverter and V3 was for the reverb. Anyone know for sure?

• Members

You need to remove the four screws - two on each side towards the front - and then:

1. unhook the speaker connector wires

2. put your hand on the back of the speaker and apply pressure

3. pull up rather forcefully on the handle or where the controls are

4. try not to swear when the stupid amp slams your arm once the mounting board that the speaker is mounted to comes loose from the amp

5. lay the amp on it's back and there's your tubes

By the way, while you're at it changing your tubes you should replace the little black gaskets that may or may not be still attached to the little aluminum tube retainer covers. You can get replacements are ACE hardware (or your favorite home improvement store) for like $.59 each. Bring the retainer in and size it first before you make a trip back to the store to return the ones you thought would fit but didn't.

• Members

Phase inverter is usually always the one closest to the power tubes

This is because there not gonna run wires over stuff or around stuff

To get the wires from the Phase inv to the power tubes you should even be able to follow the wires back to the inverter.

Archived