Pics of Alexi Laiho's and Roope Latvala's racks inside...

Metal|Boy

• Members

Originally posted by Code-001

Yeah, gotta say... those clips sounded hideous.
:(
His best tone was from the Follow the Reaper/Hatecrew Deathroll time IMO. Nice, thick mids without being too brittle and a nice bite.

Double you tea effe?!?

Follow The Reaper = trebliest CD known to the universe

I'd say that that is a pretty good description of their last CD, though.

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Double you tea effe?!?

Follow The Reaper = trebliest CD known to the universe

I'd say that that is a pretty good description of their last CD, though.

Ok, so maybe that particular cd has a little too much bite, but it's a hell of a lot better than their first. :o

• Members

Originally posted by Whitesnake666

what program you guys using to listen to it?

its an .RAR file so it wont open with my realplayer or WMP

Dan

You don't listen to a .rar file. It's a compressed file such as .zip, .sit, .hqx, .bin etc. etc. etc. Download winrar if you got a PC. Download UnRarX if you got a mac.

• Members

Originally posted by shredhead7

Thanks

I have a Lee Jackson head, and they have the highest mid settings ever. You cannot dial out the piercing scream of the mids. They cut like crazy, but they'll blow your ear drum.

More so than the Mesa Mark series amps?

• 13 years later...
  • Members

Posting in the oldest thread but just wanted to point out that those tone controls in Lee Jackson's are before gain stage as opposed to today's common place: after gain stage. This means that they don't shape the sound that much, you can use them as additional gain boost. A bit similar to treble booster's working, you choose the frequency you boost to be gained more. So the fully cut off mid knob doesn't necessarily mean they don't have mids (as you all probably know from listening, they do love mids, their guitars for example are emphasizing mids a lot). I think Alexi mentioned in some interview that the mids are the most important to him (as they should for every guitar player) and as he's using a Marshall head today, that kinda confirms it.

If you wanna know more about their Lee Jackson preamps, that '88 model was designed to be like Jackson's Marshall mods (he modded everybody's plexi in california pretty much) so that's the heritage of the preamp and its design (all the way to tone stack's placement). Basically that amp is a hot-rodded plexi, similar to Paul Gilbert's in Racer X. A ton of mids. And the addition of mid-shift allows you to find that beautiful singing sweet spot that turns your lead notes to harmonous feedback seamlessly. A great amp, I have no idea why people in this thread think it's not quality rack equipment. Versatile? Not the least bit. Doing its thing from the moment you turn it on, sick tone? Definitely. I recall Roope or Alexi once said that you don't even tweak the amp, you just turn everything to 10 and go (just like old plexis).

Archived