Cab Dilemma (2 Mesa 2X12's or 2 Marshall 4x12's)

sean106alcon

• Members

Hey guys as you may no I have a Vetta II head and a Road king head running into a 2x12 Mesa vertical cab and 2x12 floor cab. I mainly witch one day playing one head then the other the next day.

Locally they are havinga 50% of retail sale on Marshall cabs. 4x12's various ones, 1960's some 1960A, 19060CS? or 19060 CV? not sure. I know they have some ones with geen backs also and from what I read the green backs would be the way to go for my style of playing. Rhythm and leads. Anyhoo. I was ondering what your guys thought on how the Mesa cabs tonally compare with the marshalls. I know every one has their own tone preference. i am not going for volume since I play at home, but would like to take advantage of the sale and trade the Mesa's in if I like them. I plan to bring my heads over there to test them out and see how they sound. But just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys like, some tone comments. The dealer said the Mesa's are better in the low end and rhythm playing, and marshalls are better for leads and also rythm. Lately I am playing more lead (getting the SV and MII UC) so I want a cab that sounds good both lead and rhythm.

Comments? Thanks guys!!

Archived