Guitar/Performance Lessons from Prince - video

PC Biz

• Members

He's an all around performer. His guitarist, Michael Scott, is actually a better player, or I should say more modern player. Think Vai/Malmsteen/Hendrix, then you've got Michael Scott. I know that because I got to the show an hour early and listened to the warmup. That was a show all to itself.

Prince, of course, is the all around performer.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

I don't really like Prince's tone. Very synthetic sounding. Sounds like the samples they use on the Boss website.

Yeah, but live it's much much better. Who knows, maybe he'll hook up with Vai to get better tone. At any rate, his tone sells millions of records.

• Members

Originally posted by Hulston Prickle

Everytime I watch that it gets more awesome.

By the way, were those Lace Sensor pickups?

I think so. The one in the video was definitely the best sounding guitar of the three he played at the DC show.

• Members

Originally posted by SpectralJulian

I don't really like Prince's tone. Very synthetic sounding. Sounds like the samples they use on the Boss website.

Except it's one of those things where as far as I'm concerned he could play a kazoo...the man owns the groove!

• Members

Thats the first time i ever saw that dude hit a WooWoo bar. He even does that with class.

Like him or hate him..... nobody on earth can accuse him of being a "manufactured" star.

He is one of those artists who is the top rung BECAUSE HE BELONGS THERE.

• Members
Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

his guitar work is cool and knowing only the songs like cream and kiss, this performce really surprised me... but hes still gay!

He might be gay, but he can play most straight people under the table.:D

Archived