Speakers with Laney gh50L

maiden_fan

• Members

Im hopefully buying a Laney GH50l in the next week or so and would just like some recommendations for speakers with it. I am currently considering the Framus dragon cab with V30's or the marshall 1960 with celestions. how are these?

cheers tony

• Members

i use the g12-75 stock in my 412 mar{censored} cabinet sounds ok laney are bright amps though

was considering that framus 212 myself seems quite well priced on a german website.

no experience on v30's sorry

I recorded with a greenback cabinet i liked the sound but brake up is early. became a but mushy on higher gain stuff. Really heavy metal tones would benefit with a higher rating wattage speaker in my opinion for better note definition. Would suit funk/blues/rock well.

The absolute worst speaker was a friends avt cabinet with marshall speakers (140 watt i think) brittle and cloudy hated it.

Hope it helps

• Members

I was using a Marshall 1936 (stock G12T-75's - same as the 1960 I think) with my GH100TI and found it too bright & harsh. Much better with my V30 loaded Avatar 212. Still bright, but not as harsh & a lot warmer. I'd love to try it with a G12H30 loaded 4x12, or a 4x12 with V30's & G12H30's.

Archived