Zinky Blue Velvet 50W opinions?

math2014

• Members

Hi all,

I got my scopes on the Zinky BV 50W (head or combo). I was told that the build quality is TOP mil-spec+ etc. I was also told that it has a killer master volume that delivers good tone at any volume setting, from bedroom to stage.

I am wondering if anyone has actually tried this one and could share his opinions.

Whats the drive sound like etc etc.

Yannis

• Members

they are very good sounding amps. the cleans are lush, and the drive is very gainy but still retains a nice woody texture, kinda hard to describe... guitar's character really comes though. definitely not a modern metal machine, but those are a dime a dozen these days. still lots of gain though.

if you're a fan of his other designs (prosonic, tonemaster, mofo, superfly, etc.) you won't be disappointed.

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

they are very good sounding amps. the cleans are lush, and the drive is very gainy but still retains a nice woody texture, kinda hard to describe... guitar's character really comes though. definitely not a modern metal machine, but those are a dime a dozen these days. still lots of gain though.

if you're a fan of his other designs (prosonic, tonemaster, mofo, superfly, etc.) you won't be disappointed.

I am not familiar with his other amps. I am looking for 60s and 70s classic hard rock and blues and thats about it... no metal.

Will it do ACDC, Zeppelin, GnR, Cream, Doors, Who, Hendrix, SRV, etc?

Archived