Where can i get one of those stands that tilts a 2x12 back?

maiden_fan

• Members

Anywhere. Check ebay. I don't know if Musiciansfriend.com ships to you but they carry them. Carvin has one on their website.

I've had mine for years. It's beat-up a bit but still solid. I love having that tone pointing right at me, only prob is having to always find a place to put my head. Loose a little bottom end as well but I don't mind.

• Members

Originally posted by Firegoat

Anyone know of an amp stand that has a spot or shelf for a separate amp head? If I had welding capabilities I'd put a couple of smaller rails underneath my 2x12 for the head.

you can use an angles bracket which attaches to head via the leg screws and can be bolted into the top of the cab with a simple hand turnable bolt-in Connector - bad explanation but super easy to make and to hook up.

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

you can use an angles bracket which attaches to head via the leg screws and can be bolted into the top of the cab with a simple hand turnable bolt-in Connector - bad explanation but super easy to make and to hook up.

I think I basically understand the gist of what you're suggesting, which is to temporarily attached the head to the cab via angle brackets?? It sounds doable but I'm hoping for something nonevasive to either my head or cab.

I use the run-to-the-mill angle stand. I think there's plenty of space to locate the head under the 2x12 on the stand, but would require welding two more legs out from the amp stand legs. I have a buddy who can weld so this would be possible. I worry about the rather large load on the stand after this (~50lb for 2x12 + ~50lb for head). These stands are probably only good for 70lbs.

• Members

Originally posted by Firegoat

I think I basically understand the gist of what you're suggesting, which is to temporarily attached the head to the cab via angle brackets?? It sounds doable but I'm hoping for something nonevasive to either my head or cab.

I hear ya...mine was done with THD cab (top handle) and THD head so I could use existing screws with no permanent alteration to either head or cab.

I like your idea. Why no take it to the local high school metal work shop and ask them to make it for you. I bet they do it for the cost of the parts.

Archived