VHT Fa.t Bottom Cab 2x12 P50 eminence

zbg8000

• Members

$350 is an AMAZING deal as long has it doesn't look like it fell off the back of a semi hahahaha

I love my 2 4x12's and would never get rid of them.

they have sssoooo much low end but with tons of clarity, and the low end is very tight, i'd say the tightest cab i've ever played infact

I say definetly go for it! :thu:

• Members

Sweet. I pulled the trigger on this one and picked it up today. I jammed for about a couple hours tonight. I compared it to the following,

1. 80's Mesa Vertical 2x12 (Celestion MC90, EV12L)

2. Old Mitchell 4x12 (very solid, similar construction to a Marshall) with 2 Celestion GT12-75's on top, and 2 EVM-12L's on bottom.

3. The Celestion Vintage 30's in my Tremoverb.

To compare I used my Tremoverb, and my bandmates Marshall TSL100.

So it is very tight and pretty hard to make it get flubby or fart out. I like it better than the Vintage 30's in the combo, way better than the 4x12, and barely less then the Mesa 2x12. The Mesa 2x12 handles the low end just as well as the VHT in my opinion, and just sounded fuller to me, probably due to the top being open, and that the VHT seemed to cut the lower mids a little. Both the other sets of speakers weren't even on the same level as the 2x12's. The Mesa 2x12 got a little more "boomy" when playing clean stuff on the neck pup, but the VHT handled it very well, and the Mesa was barely worse.

I also ran all of the cab's (and combo speakers) in every paired combination I could. The best was the VHT 2x12 and Mesa 2x12. I think I need a Tremoverb head instead now, since I love the sound of these cab's together so much and don't need to be stacking a 100lb combo ontop of both of them.

On a side note, it made my buddies TSL100 sound so much better than the 4x12 which is his. Tight, full and articulate compared the flub, grainy fizz, and loose sound of his 4x12. I mean night and day. I think it actually pairs better with his Marshall than my Tremoverb.

Archived