Suhr guys....check in

carlygtr56

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

The P-90 one is awesome. I think the 3 huge pu's take away a bit of the coolness of the maple top.....but it's a beauty.

Don't know about 24 fret Suhrs.

I thought you hated Suhr's since you bought 4 of them and each one sounded like {censored}?

The one i had sounded bright and thin, but it was just that particular guitar that did. A Mahagoney Suhr H/S/H is a nice combination.

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

I thought you hated Suhr's since you bought 4 of them and each one sounded like {censored}?

The one i had sounded bright and thin, but it was just that particular guitar that did. A Mahagoney Suhr H/S/H is a nice combination.

Yes I did....but if I can turn one of my Jems into something else, I think I might. It will be a different sound, which is why the mahogany one looks cool.

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

Nice....one of the Suhrs I had, John made me a copy of Frampton's Pensa/Suhr (except for the maple body) was hum/sin/hum Honeburst quilttop on basswood with a Floyd

And did that guitar sound bright as well? I'd like to know why everything Suhr makes has to have a vintage tremolo on it. Why doesn't he make any hardtails?

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

And did that guitar sound bright as well? I'd like to know why everything Suhr makes has to have a vintage tremolo on it. Why doesn't he make any hardtails?

It was light sounding, like an Anderson.....as opposed to say thick sounding, like a Charvel.

Archived