"decent" PA systems around $500?

bluesboy

• Members

Already got your own mic's?? Then don't buy a package deal that includes cheap mic's, cables, & stands---You're better off going ala carte. MF still has Kustom 15' 2-ways for a C-note apiece; I've got a set & they ain't bad, but wouldn't be great for a loud gig. Got a new Yamaha 6-ch 200w head for $250 new at GC. There's $450 right there, but you better get some speaker cables (you can make your own) and at least two wedges too.

• Members

It is being reported that Tom Cruise has purchased a special adult-sized pacifier contraption for Katie Holmes to plug her mouth with while she's giving birth. (In case you live under a rock, Scientologists believe that the mother should be silent while giving birth, so her screams and moans don't "permanently traumatize" the baby as its being born.)

Thank goodness I ran out and bought one for myself just prior to hearing this news. Otherwise, my jaw would be dropped open in shock right now.

Maggie

• Members

Do you like super loud drummers?

I don't.

Bands sound better when the drummer is controlled. Although with a real PA, a loud miced kick drum really sounds good.

For cheaper, smaller gigs I use a Behringer PMX2000 with a couple of Yamaha club IV speakers. One side for mains and the other for monitors. It is enough for classic rock in a small bar...thats all I am saying.

I would not get the Behringer again. I would get a Peavey powered mixer for reliability.

Archived