upgrade to Live 8 Suite looks like a steal

Unfed

• Members

just noticed yesterday that the upgrade path to Live 8 Suite seems like a hell of a deal. not sure what it would cost users of older versions, but for upgrading from Live 7 it's only $209 (download) or $279 (boxed). i already have EIC2 due to having the Live 7 box, so the download looks to be the way to go (though it looks like the boxed version also includes 'Session Drums'). a straight upgrade to just Live 8 is only $49, but for another $160 you get:

- Operator

- Sampler

- Analog (AAS)

- Tension (AAS)

- Electric (AAS)

- Collision (AAS)

- Drum Machines

- Latin Percussion

seems like a deal to me. :thu:

• Members

Wow! That sounds like a good deal but I'm a bit confused. Where are you seeing these prices? I'm using 7 and I'm only seeing $299 USD for the Suite and $159 USD for the straight upgrade from 7 to 8. I'm looking on Ableton's website.

If I can upgrade to 8 for $49 I'll do it.

• Members

hmm, not sure, are you logged in? here's what it shows on my screen:

4088125917_fd295b5d27.jpg

i think i might grab this right now, i just ordered an Akai APC40 as well. also, with Live 8 i can check out the Max4Live beta.

EDIT: seems that you need to contact Ableton to pay via PayPal. looks like i'll have to wait a bit until they send me an invoice...

• Members

Damn. I don't think they want me to have it for $49. I'm logged in and everything. I wonder if it has to do with your specific purchase date for Live 7. Perhaps you bought version 7 in the last 6 months or so and they're offering a "late buyer" discount?

Oh well. I usually skip every other release anyways so I'll probably just wait for 9. Seems like they make a new version every year and the price increases each time. By the time we get to version 10 it'll be $359 just for the upgrade from 9. :rolleyes:

At least the APC40 works with 7. I'm about to order one today.

• Members

Back when I got live 7, they were offering a free operator and reduced upgrades to live 8. If you got live 7 before that time, might not be as cheap. But it is more than the last 6 months ago, i think i got mine almost a year ago (I have since upgraded to suite).

IMHO, suite is not such a bad deal, especially if you don't already have a sampler (say, kontakt or something like that). I upgraded to suite primarily for Sampler and Session Drums because I wanted some real drums (I can't say how it compares to SSD or ezdrummer etc. but it is a LOT of fun and sounds very realistic :) and didn't have a sampler plug. Collision is pretty nice too - i haven't really found a lot of use for the instrument, but it also comes with a resonator plugin, Corpus, which is quite entertaining.

• Members

That is a good deal if you do not have something like Komplete 5 or 6 or some other complement of software instruments that are similar to the included pack of goodies. I just went to the ordinary version 8 because I don't really need the included instruments. I am swimming in instrument plugins already.

• Members

Damn. I don't think they want me to have it for $49. I'm logged in and everything. I wonder if it has to do with your specific purchase date for Live 7. Perhaps you bought version 7 in the last 6 months or so and they're offering a "late buyer" discount?

ahh, that sucks. :( i did buy 7 less than a year ago, and oddly enough they announced Live 8 maybe just a week after i did.

Archived