More love for SQ8L VST

augerinn

• Members

OK, so this weekend I finally hooked up the ESQ-1s MIDI cables to the PC.

Fired up SQ8L, and auditioned some patches that I like. Now, here comes the cool part. After I find a patch I like, I use the file menu in the VST itself. In the file menu, there is a "send sysex to device" option.

Yup, shoots it right over to the hardware. Now my ESQ-1 is fully loaded with some really cool sounds.

Moog emulations are really, really good (to my ears), and it does a nice The wall type Prophet Pad, too. Amongst other things.

These two in conjunction (hardware and software) are by far the best deal I've ever gotten. 65 bux for the synth, and the SW is free.....

• Members

definitely, SQ8L is fantastic. i'm actually needing to do the opposite, sending patches from my screwy ESQ-1 to be used in SQ8L. just need to pull it out of storage one of these days, transfer the patches and part out the synth.

• Members

OK, so this weekend I finally hooked up the ESQ-1s MIDI cables to the PC.

Fired up SQ8L, and auditioned some patches that I like. Now, here comes the cool part. After I find a patch I like, I use the file menu in the VST itself. In the file menu, there is a "send sysex to device" option.

Yup, shoots it right over to the hardware. Now my ESQ-1 is fully loaded with some really cool sounds.

Moog emulations are really, really good (to my ears), and it does a nice The wall type Prophet Pad, too. Amongst other things.

These two in conjunction (hardware and software) are by far the best deal I've ever gotten. 65 bux for the synth, and the SW is free.....

The real big difference is in the filter, specially the resonance. That

• Members

So you could save all your patches in SQ8L and never have to fudge with those stupid batteries ever again?

Actually, it's not that big of a job, and only has to be done once every 15-20 years or so......but yeah. One could use SQ8L as a librarian too.

Archived