What choices do I have??? Metal amp

onehourburn

• Members

Originally posted by HottKarl

What didn't you like about the Fireball?

I'm getting a boner for a 60 watt boosted Deliverance....I hope our local GC gets one in soon (out of stock) so I can try before I buy.

The fireball is a killer amp... It just did not have the tones I wanted...

• Members
Originally posted by onehourburn

You played one??? I am looking into those real hard... I emailed the company... They have a 48 hour trial period... HMMM.

Looks cool!!!

Yeah, I have one!:D I posted a clip here: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1214631

I had the gain only about 1/4 of the way up. It's smoking. Soon Mako will be switching to hybrid amps instead of PTP (sound exactly the same, and have lifetime warranties). The wait time will be cut big time and the amps will cost less.

• Members
Originally posted by argonaut4

Yeah, I have one!
:D
I posted a clip here:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1214631

I had the gain only about 1/4 of the way up. It's smoking. Soon Mako will be switching to hybrid amps instead of PTP (sound exactly the same, and have lifetime warranties). The wait time will be cut big time and the amps will cost less.

Whats the wait going to be??? The web page says they switched over in 2005.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Can you compare that amp to something more well known? How is the tone? Is it even comparable to anything out there, or does it have it's own thing going on?

Well, it kind of reminds me of an Uberschall in a way. Probably in that it's dark. The gain on the Dorado is meaner, more aggressive. When the gain is lower, it kind of has that drier UL thing happening. When the gain is higher, it gets real saturated yet stays clear. It's really cool. That amp is definitely dark and needs to be paired up with the right cab and speakers. Having said that, I can honestly say that it's definitely a keeper for me. One of the best metal amps I've ever played. And I've played most of them.;)

A few weekends ago, JB brought his (at the time) Blackmore and Recto. I got to try them side by side to my amps. My favorite was the Herbert (there's so much happening with that amp), and next was the Dorado(meaner, my perfect heavy rhythm amp), then the Blackmore, and the Recto last. All my opinion of course.

J

• Members
Originally posted by argonaut4

Well, it kind of reminds me of an Uberschall in a way. Probably in that it's dark. The gain on the Dorado is meaner, more aggressive. When the gain is lower, it kind of has that drier UL thing happening. When the gain is higher, it gets real saturated yet stays clear. It's really cool. That amp is definitely dark and needs to be paired up with the right cab and speakers. Having said that, I can honestly say that it's definitely a keeper for me. One of the best metal amps I've ever played. And I've played most of them.
;)

A few weekends ago, JB brought his (at the time) Blackmore and Recto. I got to try them side by side to my amps. My favorite was the Herbert (there's so much happening with that amp), and next was the Dorado(meaner, my perfect heavy rhythm amp), then the Blackmore, and the Recto last. All my opinion of course.

J

I am going to get one!!!

THanks
hank

Archived