WTF?! Sound coming from my actual head?!

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

So I just switched out my preamp tubes from a mutt selection to all chinese 9ths and no sound is coming from the cab, I hear a really thin, faint, and fuzzy tone coming from the actual inside of the head... I walked over to my cab to make sure, and there is absolutely nothing coming from the speakers... its all coming from inside... what the hell is going on?!

• Members

It's usually normal...if the volume is turned all the way DOWN. Just the preamp tubes getting the signal. When you turn it up the power tubes amplify that signal etc...Most tube amps are like this. Played a DSL today, exact same thing. Then I turned it up.

This could go on for awhile. :D

• Members

Originally posted by thrill74

It's usually normal...if the volume is turned all the way DOWN. Just the preamp tubes getting the signal. When you turn it up the power tubes amplify that signal etc...Most tube amps are like this. Played a DSL today, exact same thing. Then I turned it up.

This could go on for awhile.
:D

yeah, but I'm getting no sound from the speakers at all, no matter how loud the volume is set, only thing that gets louder is my new and ridiculously expensive Uberfuzz pedal

• Members

Originally posted by rhino bucket

guitar volume?

I flipped the head over onto my lap to get at the tubes, and I guess in doing so I partially unplugged the speaker cable... should have been one of the first things I checked, but I lose at life and freaked out instead... haha

but my effects loop is still fubar'd even after a tube change, -10 is for stomp boxes and +4 is rack effects right? not that it matters, there is still a 90% drop in volume no matter what I do...

Archived