Epiphone Valve Junior Head clips!!!

AndyZ

• Members

Originally posted by AndyZ

Nice flaming on that Artcore!

The promo pic does look nice. It`s a brand new model so I havn`t seen one in person. I`ve been looking at the Artcore`s for a while. Probably have checked out twenty different guitars over the last year. I`m very impressed with the consistantly high quality I`ve found.

The cool thing about that guitar is the 17th fret neck joint. On most classic semi-hollows the neck joint is at the 14th fret. I have small hands so I think that will help playing high on the neck near the neck joint. And I love the finish. You don`t often see a flat/satin finish on guitars of that type.

Eric

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by MitchSchaft

Went to GC and they didn't even have the combo. Oh well, maybe next time
:(

Dude, don`t even bother with your local GC. As hot as this little amp head is selling it may be a couple of months before the GC`s get them in. If your local one will even stock it. It`s hard to tell.

I bought mine from MF for $99.99 with free shipping. That`s cheaper than you will be able to buy localy with sales tax. I know we get raped in TENN. because we don`t have a state income tax. So they make it up in sales tax. I can`t remember what I was paying in sales tax in Memphis, but in Knoxville I`m paying 9.25%. That`s crazy. A lot of the time it just makes more sense to mail order musical equipment.

Good luck,

Eric

• Members

Well I popped in the Russian Military EL84 from the 80's my amp guy sent me.

The JJ was real good, but a tad on the darker side. I think this old tube had a bit more precense and 3D like effect to it. Also the breakup seemed much more smooth when the amp was around 2:00 on the dial and using the guitars volume rolled back and then up and hitting the strings harder and softer causing the breakup. It was subtley noticeable, but enough that I'll stick with the 80's Russian Military tube now.

Not sure how much they cost, but if reasonable, I'll look for a second one now, once I burn this one out down the line.

• Members

AndyZ,

The clips say they were recorded with a Squier 51 tele. How do you like that guitar? It looks like you modified it quite a bit, I see mention of a neck and pickups on your webpage. How was it stock? Did it have the annoying frets hanging over the side of it?

• Members

Jeff, The Squier 51 has a Tele Am Std rosewood neck on it. GFS Liverpool bridge, GFS Fat Alnico neck, rewired with a dual concentric volumes, push/pull tone and mini 3 way on-on-on. It records phenomenal. Very resonant. Even for cleans direct into a mic pre into ProTools it sounds great!

Stock it actually was pretty darn straight. The frets were good, but there was some nonsense near a couple of frets on the board, like dried glue. I have a second stock 51 sitting here, I'm gonna try and refin and I think use a single lipstick and a humbucker lipstick from GFS as well.

Here's pics...

squier51-az-close.jpg

squier51-az-front-1.jpg

• Members

Dammit, I missed this thread the other day... Now I've listened to the clips & got myself some GAS! :mad: Serves me right for doing a search... :freak:

So, is it pretty much unanimous that even for small gigs this amp would need to be miked?

Also, has anyone tried running individual pedals other than boosters in front of it? How does it take chorus pedals, for example?

Razzin' frazzin', that $99.99 is taunting me... :mad::p

• Members

I'm sitting here right now with a PODxt Live fronted into it. Every effect sounds great through it! Just turn off the Amp/Cab Modelling and your good to go. Even the stomp boxes sound great pushing it!

• Members
Originally posted by AndyZ

I'm sitting here right now with a PODxt Live fronted into it. Every effect sounds great through it! Just turn off the Amp/Cab Modelling and your good to go. Even the stomp boxes sound great pushing it!

You're *not* helping. :mad:

:p:D

• Members

Sorry draelyc, just reporting the facts... :rolleyes:

Gosh I hope my clips didn't cause the run on the amps at Musicians Friend and all. Since I posted them 10 days ago, I've had over 5,000 plays of those clips. Someone is listening!

Archived