Nord Electro 3 - preview sounds?

Daryl Chaney

• Members

hey, Just took the plunge on an electro 3 & i love the thing, exactly what i needed live. Mellotron M400 Celeste :love:

Anyways, is there anyway to preview the sounds BEFORE uploading them & testing them through the keyboard itself ? I've gone through the manuals & searched online, but cant find anything saying i can or cant do this.

If theres 1 gripe i have with the elec3 its this, its highly annoying trying to compare 3 v.large piano sample sets or trudging through 250mb worth of samples, with a 68mb limit. :mad:

I feel theres only bad news for this....

• Members

Bad news... yes, you're right. There was a thread on this recently (or maybe it was another forum :p) and no, there's no way of auditioning the sounds. I'm on your boat - this sucks, there ought to be a 10 second sound clip displaying each sample in the Nord library. It would take some time doing it, but it's a one time job (new samples aren't uploaded in such huge bunches), and I think it would pay off.

• Members

Damnit!

I suppose they do have to protect their libraries somehow.

Yea, even a 10 sec clip would be great, it wouldn't actually take that long, i'd do it myself, only i dont even have that time at the moment to do it.

Even still its the only negative against it in my books. I've never had a keyboard as intuitive and easy as this, makes my other keyboards look like they were made in the stone age.

:D

• Members

There IS a - not so light - alternative that bebins with S....

Steinway??

Stradivarius for the Mellotron Strings??

S90XS?

But regarding the sample preview, would indeed be great (especially but not only for not-(yet) NE3 owner!!!

But the Yahoo Electro group should have enough highly engaged people to put up such a library somewhere no, anyone got two hours of spare time (or offers me a NE3 to do it ;-) ??

Johannes

• Members

There IS a - not so light - alternative that bebins with S....

Korg SV-1 , just saw the massive thread & its the first i've heard of it.

Sounds interesting, but it looks awful & no flat-top!? and its a hefty mofo too. :blah::blah:

They took their time with their answer to Nord.

*disclaimer - im a Nord fanboy at the moment, just bought one last week

Archived