SPEAKER SPAM: Celestion Classic Lead 80 for sale

AndyZ

• Members

Celestion Classic Lead 80, 12" speaker, 8 ohm

This speaker's code is "BZ11", which on the Celestion site translates to February 11, 1991, which means this is an English made speaker and not a Made in China version for you speaker purists.

This speaker has only been used in lower wattage amps, usually under 30 watts, so it's nicely broken in and never abused volume wise. I am changing out amps and looking for a different sound now.

Price: $75 (plus actual shipping)

Will also entertain trades. I'm primarily looking for an Celestion G12H30 or a Celestion Vintage 30, if anyone wants to trade one of these for the Classic Lead 80. If you have something else speaker wise that your looking for a trade, let me know. It might interest me. Definitely not looking for Celestion G12T-75, a G12M-70, or any speaker over 60 watts.

cl80a.jpg

cl80c.jpg

• Members

I have a V30 out of Bogner 2X12 I would be willing to swap you. I've been meaning to get a CL80 to mix with the other V30 in the 2X12 for a while now and just haven't ordered it yet. I'm at work now but I'll send you a PM later if you're interested.

Dan

• Members

andy..how did you like the CL80??

i emailed david @avatar about putting one in my traynor 50w and pulling out the Vin30..he told me that unless i played at high volumes the classic lead prb would be my thing..also i told him i was thinking about the G12H30..he said id be ok if i didnt turn it up too much...

so what im asking is ..is the cl80 ok at bedroom vols?? or is the cone to stiff to get a descent sound out of at low vols??

thanks

• Members

No worries Dan. Thanks though!

SpeedRacer... I had this in a modded Carvin Vintage 33, which I went through about 4 speakers before selling on it. I disagree with the thought of running it on full volume to make the best of it. 99% of the time it was used for recording and I did not have to push it past 4 to make it sound great! It was one of the best clean slightly dirty 1x12's I had at my studio. It sounded pretty good low to me and my recording ears are pretty picky to guiatr tones. The amp is gone now (long story), but I have the speaker still.

I planned to use different speakers for a 2x12 setup for my Epi Valve Jr Head and another amp here and there. The CL80 is not in the mix this time around. It's a great speaker, but not what I need bascially.

Lemme know if your interested. Thanks!

Archived