I Need some serious advices: E-MU 0404 vs. Terratec Phase 22

AnalogGuy

• Members

I have been using E-Mu for some months but it's so darn difficult to use... some day it suddenly refused to record any input sound and after days of frustrating fighting with software and cables... I figured that it was just because the input strips didn't have "send" inserts to host wave :facepalm:

So after some time I were thinking about changing sound card and I bought Terratec Phase 22 which I were looking for from the very beginning but bought E-MU 0404 instead just because it looked more professional and it have all those hardware accelerated effects which Terratec have none?

For example, I use just simple office computer... would it be better to keep E-MU and use it's compressor without having to worry about computer's powers or could I manage with simpler Terratec phase 22 with some software compressor?

I need some good advices.. is there any other proper reason to change E-MU, other than just ease-of-use? I have had pretty much enough fights with E-MU :arg: but it makes me still wondering about whether I should keep it?

And I have already bought Terratec Phase 22 (not just arrived yet) just because I got it for cheap in second hand shop; only 40 euros...

so what should I do with these? E-MU feels pretty demanding sound card plus it does not allow any simultaneous sound cards being used...

Archived