1st gig in 4 years... TONIGHT!!!!

bluesboy

• Members

My first gig with my new band is tonight... im not super nervous, I just hope everything goes smoothly...

It's a benefit for a little girl with cancer. There's a DJ before us like 8-9, and then we will play from 9:30 to 11. I will defineitley show some pics, maybe even a video clip :)

• Members

Originally posted by bds9487

Congrats to both you guys. I'm pretty lucky. We've had the same house gig from 5-8 every Saturday for the past 11 years. I look forward to it all week

That would be awesome.... I dread getting back into the late night gigs. Our first is 9-1 which isn't too bad. When I stopped playing back in '92 the gigs were generally 11-3.:(

• Members
Originally posted by SuperStrat

That would be awesome.... I dread getting back into the late night gigs. Our first is 9-1 which isn't too bad. When I stopped playing back in '92 the gigs were generally 11-3.
:(

No {censored}. I can't play til 3 in the morning, anymore. That's way to painful! :D

• Members

Originally posted by 1big1

i guess i'm pretty lucky. the band i'm in usually starts at 7 or 8 pm and we're done by 11 pm or midnight.
:)

That would be great!

I've got some control over our second gig.... we'll play from 5-9 and it'll be outdoors in a pavilion.

I like the sounds of that:)

• Members

... the gig went very well!!! It was in a very large room in a community center, everything unmic'ed except for vocals of course. I had the epi valve junior cranked up to about 3 oclock through my vox 4X12, and I used my new SG JR. My main distortion was an analogman pro modded DS1... I couldn't have been happier with my sound!!!!!! Our PA wasn't loud enough for the vocals really, but it wasn't too too bad, especially after the DJ who played before us let us hook up his bigger speakers. I wasn't nervous except for one moment when I sang and played "hey joe" at the same time... I've never sang and played at the same time in front of people before... the first few words were shaky but then I found my groove. People really enjoyed that song. Anyways, it was a really good time, and they raised over $5000 for the little girl with cancer. Pic's to come when Im at a computer with a faster internet connection :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by bluesboy

... the gig went very well!!! It was in a very large room in a community center, everything unmic'ed except for vocals of course. I had the epi valve junior cranked up to about 3 oclock through my vox 4X12, and I used my new SG JR. My main distortion was an analogman pro modded DS1... I couldn't have been happier with my sound!!!!!! Our PA wasn't loud enough for the vocals really, but it wasn't too too bad, especially after the DJ who played before us let us hook up his bigger speakers. I wasn't nervous except for one moment when I sang and played "hey joe" at the same time... I've never sang and played at the same time in front of people before... the first few words were shaky but then I found my groove. People really enjoyed that song. Anyways, it was a really good time, and they raised over $5000 for the little girl with cancer. Pic's to come when Im at a computer with a faster internet connection
:thu:

I predict more gigs in your future. :thu:

Archived