Jomox M.Brane11

soundxplorer

• Members

Definitely cool synthesis-wise but I wonder how successful this will be as a standalone. The Mbase works because electronic music (especially dance) relies so heavily upon the kick drum sound. I love the demos but obviously they were heavily multitracked. I personally wouldn't buy a box that only has one percussion voice that isn't even rackmountable unless I absolutely *needed* that voice.

*edit* then again it does use the same enclosure as the Mbase 11, and perhaps a lot of the electronics outside of the synthesis are the same anyway, so maybe this product doesn't need to sell a lot to be successful. And yes, here's hoping that Jomox makes a box with several of these voices. I'd be intrigued by that.

• Members

Finally an analog snare module. This is exactly what was missing imo. They have the 2 most important drum parts covered now. Not sure where the comments about a box with more voices and a sequencer comes from. That would be the 888 and 999. This is a nice target for cheap access to high end quality analog drums.

Archived