paint it black dahlia murder

flying_high

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Which track is the ATG cover, I don't feel like clicking on all 10 songs.

It's track #5. They covered The Swarm. Not too shabby, although I think covering At The Gates is a lost cost. They were just too good.

• Members

Originally posted by hivedestruction

haha the At The Gates cover is missing 3 guitar tracks.. Pretty bold song to cover.

Such a classic song. Anders Bjorler actually tabbed it out. He said this about the song...

"Well the intro riff strats off with violin on the album, but we never played it live, so I would suggest you play the intro riff 4 times instead. There are 4 guitars on this part, guitar 1, 2, and 3 play all 4 times, guitar 4 just plays the 3rd and 4th time. If you're planning to do this song live, let the bass paly what guitar 3 is doing. Then play guitar 1+2 the first two times, then change to guitar 1+4 the last two"

• Members

Originally posted by hivedestruction

Burn It Down and some {censored}ty metalcore band on tribunal covered it as well.. The Burn It Down version rules though. I tried to find it online but no luck.. You can listen to the first 30 seconds here

The {censored}ty tribunal metalcore band was Sever The Ties or Sever The Fallen or something like that, and they weren't as {censored}ty as Burn It Down.

I don't like the Black Dahlia Murder, but I do think they did a great job covering Paint It Black.

Archived