Help me decide on an amp...

markom89

• Members

Hey guys, Im havving lots of troubly deciding on an amp and I was wondering if you dudes would be able to help me out as I realy need one thats quieter than my Mesa Mk IV...that things just too loud when past 4!!!...and I just feel I need a new one anyways, gettin' kinda' tired of the same old MK IV sound. So my options are as follow: Orange AD140, Orange Rocerverb 100, Diezel VH4/VH4-S, Diezel Herbert, Hiwatt custom lead 100, I think thats about it, take note about my style of music: Rock/Blues/Funk/ Classic rock/Brit rock/Brit pop/some metal, I realy need a good amp, I need it to have a very good clean tone as Im big on delays and use them alot and only on the clean channel. I also want an amp that is able to produce very good hard distortion perfect for metal. I use a bunch of effects so realy dont care if the amp has lots of features or not. It doesnt have to have fx loop, reverb, etc. Just preferably a simple LOUD amp that like I said can give me the best clean and the most brutal distortion when needed...so just tell me which you guys think is the best for my sound, and which one youd go with and why?... I need one asap for my june 27th gig, Ive already decided on a Diezel, but IM getting that this summer, but I need one till' then, and Im gonna wanna' gig with it alot so it has to be built like a small-er tank. thanks in advance!;)

• Members

I just dont like the sound of the MK IV...like its a very versatile amp, Ill give it that much, other than that, I cant find any tones that Id consider useful, and I think Id be much better off with an orange or hiwatt, so what do you guys think?...what are the pros and cons of each amp? I need something that can go very loud as I will be playing bigger clubs and at outdoor events with quite a large croud, and like I said I want very clean and very brutal distortion when needed.

• Members

yea, Id be getting the Diezel this summer, but what should I get now for my up comming gig on he 27th of June?...I realy need a new one before then, so between the rockerverb 100 and the AD140 and the custom lead 100 what would you guys suggest?

• Members

no, well after my gig yesterday at a medium sized club it prooved not to be all that loud, and too damn complicated to operate, from now I dont want any complicated amps, just nice clean, brutal distortion, cause' I run my fx threw it so theyll give me all the sounds my heart desires and I know how to use them, just a nice simple amp, thats why I like both the Oranges but whats the main diff. between the AD140 and the rockerverb 100 besides the 40 watts?...I noticed just the face is a bit different...

Archived