OT: Bought a new gun and went shooting

false crack

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, ok. So a handgun cannot be used for recrational purposes? Maybe go to the range and fire off a few rounds? Maybe collect them? Those are possible with everything but handguns? :rolleyes: Way to show a double standard! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

You guys have all the right in the USA to play with your silly guns.

Not my thing.

I'd rather play guitar.

Bang Bang... Shoot 'em up!

Exactly. That doesn't mean they're only meant to kill people.

• Members

Originally posted by supercow3

A handgun ok, but an autogun for recreation

Sure, why not? That's like saying: "An acoustic guitar ok, but an electric guitar?" The only difference is you go through ammo faster, and it's harder to find a range. BTW, that gun in the pic seems to be semi auto.

• Members

I have to get some sleep here but I am impressed that this did not turn into a lame name calling forum.

I respect all of your opossing opinions.

Peace to all.

{censored} YOU {censored} ASS BITCH!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

I did handle one of these, and it had a scope, and I have to say it was a little on the heavy side, are wooden stocks lighter?

I want low recoil, but not a gun so heavy that I get "wobble aim".

Try an FN/FAL with a scope, then a 10/22 with a scope, and it's like comparing a watermelon to a walnut. They're all very light.

I've only owned wooden stock Ruger 10/22's (a carbine gun-blue shorter barrel and a stainless long barrel) and they are both very light, and accurate as hell... NO recoil at all, and fast shooters.

Of all the guns I've owned, I'd have to say that the Ruger 10/22 is one of the most fun to shoot. Very inexpensive for ammo, and you can accessorize the living {censored} out of it.

• Members
Originally posted by Ponec

Got one of those. Here is what real men shoot
;)

supremegng05.jpg
Barrett M82A1 .50 BMG and Colt .500

-Ron

HOLY {censored} are you serious!?!?! That's an $8000 ish outfit. That is {censored}ing insane. I was lookin on those the other day while I was looking for an Accuracy International L96A1 to buy (Not that I can afford one, but I want one). That is god damn rediculous. YOU ARE MY {censored}ING HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post pics of my buddy's AR-15 as soon as I get my phone software reinstalled. Formatted a week ago.

• Members
Originally posted by Raypd Ayp

Try an FN/FAL with a scope, then a 10/22 with a scope, and it's like comparing a watermelon to a walnut. They're all very light.

I've only owned wooden stock Ruger 10/22's (a carbine gun-blue shorter barrel and a stainless long barrel) and they are both very light, and accurate as hell... NO recoil at all, and fast shooters.

Of all the guns I've owned, I'd have to say that the Ruger 10/22 is one of the most fun to shoot. Very inexpensive for ammo, and you can accessorize the living {censored} out of it.

Agreed! The 10/22 is superfun. It's also THE most accesorizable (...is that a word!?...) gun in history. Not even the AR platform has as many things available: barrel, action, stock, trigger and assembly, bolt plate, bolt buffer, bolt, mag, mag release, firing pin, extractor, sights, rails, bedding kits, scope mounts for receiver, for barrel, scopes themselves, red dots, every single spring in the whole gun, you name it - a "better" version is available.

I had a hell of a lot of fun buying the regular old birch-stocked 10/22 and then customizing the hell out of it. It's almost definitely the most fun gun to bring to the range or out into the woods for some tin can plinking. Possibly second only to my Rem 700 VLS in .223, but that rifle is so damned heavy, it's really a dedicated range/lawn gun, meant for sandbags or bipods - off-hand sucks with it.

I love guns... a lot; I have a bunch of them. I also love guitars... a lot.; I have a bunch of them. They're both phenomenally great for stress management, self-discipline and just plain fun. They're also both good hobbies or professions for meeting truly unusual people.

Good times :thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

I have to get some sleep here but I am impressed that this did not turn into a lame name calling forum.

I respect all of your opossing opinions.

Peace to all.

Well, except for the name calling that came from you, or do you consider "juvenile" and "small penis" to be compliments? If you don't want a "lame name calling forum" don't call those of opposing viewpoints names, either directly or by implication.

Originally posted by The Nick

what the hell is that?

Kel-Tec PLR-16.

.223/5.56 semiauto pistol. Uses AR-15 mags

• Members
Originally posted by Greg_In_Michigan

HOLY {censored}
are you serious!?!?! That's an $8000 ish outfit. That is {censored}ing insane. I was lookin on those the other day while I was looking for an Accuracy International L96A1 to buy (Not that I can afford one, but I want one). That is god damn rediculous. YOU ARE MY {censored}ING HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post pics of my buddy's AR-15 as soon as I get my phone software reinstalled. Formatted a week ago.

if he can afford 2 supremes, i think he can afford one of those ;)

Archived