Ok, so the US is the 4th best football team on earth eh?

Random Hero

• Members

I can never understand why you have to call it football? And its about skill not about how much armour you can wear or how fast you can run.

And funnily proper football is a sport that the Americans will never own the world with.....prob the reason why it isn't popular there!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

I can never understand why you have to call it football? And its about skill not about how much armour you can wear or how fast you can run.

And funnily proper football is a sport that the Americans will never own the world with.....prob the reason why it isn't popular there!

The term Football doesn't make any sense to me either. It should be called tackle or pigskin, or kill the guy with the ball. But there's not much we can do it about it now.

There's a few things about USA Football i don't like such as the first team to score in OT wins, that's BS. Each offense should be able to have at least 1 set of downs. I also don't like the fact that the kicker sits on the bench all day thens comes in and can decide the outcome of the game. And they are protecting the QB too much and pass interference penalties suck.

But the soccar guys who are soo dramatic about getting pushed are the biggest pansies.:D Or when they roll around on the ground complaining about getting hit. Reminds me of the basketball guys who flap around trying to get a foul.

The world cup is just about the only time i watch any soccar and i usually just watch the final game. And nobody here gives a crap about it BUT with more and more Latino people migrating here, that's going to change big time. And the USA is going to get better.

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

We can argue all day about which sport is better. But i can argue about who has the better athletes. If you take the top 15 from USA Football they will make the top 15 of the world of Soccar look like little boys. These guys in Football are HUGE and fast, they are monsters. Some of these guys are 6ft 5in 240lbs and run as fast as your soccar guys. And how about the wide recievers in Football, they have olympic track sprinter speed.

And i watch Rugby sometimes, i like it, but Football is tougher because the helmets and pads encourage harder hits. And the guys in rugby would be too small to play in the NFL. Rugby is cool though and i think it's way more exciting to watch than boring soccar.

And about athletes, many of the guys in the NFL could compete in the olympics but what for? Look at the money they make in the NFL. And when it comes to the olympics, well, what Country owns it pretty much anyway?

BTW I seriously doubt most american football players would have the endurance for an entire (professional) game of soccer... I could be wrong.... Maybe a reciever or a safety, but those fat ass linemen would never make it.

• Members

It's know as "Soccer" or "Wogball" down in Australia.

AFL is where it's at down here. No helmets,fkn shoulder pads, shinguards or going down like a bag of {censored} only to get up playing fine 20 seconds later.

I still like Soccer though. Much better the NFL
:bor: :bor:

AFL Midfielders (90kgs) run 20K's+ a game.

• Members

Theo Walcott, aged 17, in the England World Cup squad, ran the 100m in 11.5sec at 14 years old. He is like lightning.

Besides, football isn't all about pace. It's also not about running through people. Another thing, about the England 1 - 3 Australia result - I very much doubt that would have happened in a World Cup warm-up. :p

Vigo1999, as a Brazilian, how high do you rate Wayne Rooney?

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

Of course it's about skill, but the skills are all particular to whatever sport the athlete happens to be in. A huge linebacker can't dribble a ball around to save his life but if you took a right wing forward and threw him into a Football game he'd get killed.

The one thing is that the USA is a big enough country to have all of these sports. Soccar will never be as popular as Football or Baseball but it will pickup. Latin people from the Carribean are having a huge impact on baseball so South American Immigrants coming here are going to have a big impact on soccar here eventually.

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

Theo Walcott, aged 17, in the England World Cup squad, ran the 100m in 11.5sec at 14 years old. He is like lightning.

Besides, football isn't all about pace. It's also not about running through people. Another thing, about the England 1 - 3 Australia result - I very much doubt that would have happened in a World Cup warm-up.
:p

Vigo1999, as a Brazilian, how high do you rate Wayne Rooney?

I ran the 100m in 10.9 in high school. Do you really want to know how fast Michael Vick is? Tim Brown was a guy who played for the LA Rams and he was on the US Olympic track team. The NFL could easily put together a few relay teams that could challenge for the gold medal in the 400m relay.

• Members

I ran the 100m in 10.9 in high school. Do you really want to know how fast Michael Vick is? Tim was a guy who played for the LA Rams and he was on the US Olympic track team. The NFL could easily put together a few relay teams that could challenge for the gold medal in the 400m relay.

10.9!? Dude, did you take the running further than high school?

• Members

I ran the 100m in 10.9 in high school. Do you really want to know how fast Michael Vick is? Tim Brown was a guy who played for the LA Rams and he was on the US Olympic track team. The NFL could easily put together a few relay teams that could challenge for the gold medal in the 400m relay.

didnt some american footballer say something like "Im used to running away from cops"... i read that somewhere :D :D lol

• Members
Originally posted by Savo

Try telling that to Paul O'Connell
:D

903439062.jpg

2418857763.jpg

How big is he? If he is under 250lbs he would be one of the smallest guys to play on the line in the NFL. Do you know how big Julius Peppers is?

• Members

How big is he? If he is under 250lbs he would be one of the smallest guys to play on the line in the NFL. Do you know how big Julius Peppers is?

is he big as in a "Fat" or genuienly big?

Does he wear those pansy shoulder guards and helmets?

• Members

I will say, for as much as I admittedly like to slate US footballers, the USA will be a HUGE force in world football one day, no doubt. The sheer amount of sportsmen says that to me. It's bound to catch on eventually.

naw
they said that with the world cup 94, but look what happened. It just died a death.

Americans prefer sports they have invented :wave:

• Members

10.9!? Dude, did you take the running further than high school?

My best was 10.9 in the 100m and 22.5 in the 200m and that wasn't good enough even in my own county to place better than 7th. I did well against many other high schools and i lost only 2 times to other white guys :D I wasn't good enough to compete at the NJ state level, too much competition. My typical time in the 100m was in the low 11's and in the high 22's for the 200. I think the state of NJ best times were around 10.6 and in the mid 21's for the 200.

Funny thing is, the fastest guy in the world right now at 400m is a white guy from the USA, he won the gold at the last olympics and he might try the 200m. He is being trained by Michael Johnson. And did you notice that the 100m record was just broke by Justin Gatlin of the US at 9.76. That's sick.

Archived