So does anyone have pics or clips of this Stiletto series I mod yet?

goodisonrock

• Members

I love my Stiletto, but i like the idea of it having more gain and tighter bass. I don't really care for boosting it with pedals.

So does anyone have this done? I read that any authorized boogie repair guy can do it. Where do i find one of these?

Any care to shed some light?

• Members

Originally posted by crwnedblasphemy

Is it any Boogie repairman? I thought it was just in Hollywood? But maybe I am wrong?

I searched some other threads and im under the impression that its any boogie repairman, but i could also be wrong.

• Members

Originally posted by goodisonrock

I love my Stiletto, but i like the idea of it having more gain and tighter bass. I don't really care for boosting it with pedals.

So does anyone have this done? I read that any authorized boogie repair guy can do it. Where do i find one of these?

Any care to shed some light?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure any authorized tech can do it now. Originally it was a Hollywood exclusive mod.

Take a look at this thread, it's got the low down.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=2078

As for your issues with the Stiletto, I agree completely and I've found that the new series II stuff (namely the ACE), is head and shoulders above the series I stuff. (No boosting required what so ever.) I don't know how close the Hollywood mod gets the series I stuff to series II, but I'm sure it wouldnt hurt.

• Members

I called Mesa the other day, they said in a about a week they will have the 'offical' write up sent out/avalible to any authorized Boogie repair shop to do the mod. They've been telling me 'a week' for a month and a half now so who knows. It's fxcking bull{censored} though, the Hollywood mod cost 115 bucks or so, and now they want $250 for the same mod. I responded with selling my Stiletto and getting a loaded Mark III blue stripe. Couldn't be happier.

Archived