I need an amp that does everything perfectly

ckreon

• Members
Originally posted by ckreon

and is really cheap. oh and i need a cab that sounds amazing but is preferably free of charge.

Don`t want much, do you?

At under $1,000 I think the best all around amp is the Peavey JSX. A good cab at a lower price would be an Avatar(www.avatarspeakers.com) 2x12 or 4x12 with a mix of V30`s/75`s or V30`s/G12H30`s. That would be a super versatile amp.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by ckreon

I'm thinking a Crate powerblock, i played an acoustic electric plugged into one of those, ran into a ampeg bass cab and it sounded really muddy. maybe its just me.

Well, that'd be because it was an Ampeg. Durr.

• Members
Originally posted by Tonemeister69

I knew it wasn't a seriuos thread, but I like to promote the JSX anyhow
:thu:

Yeah, I recommend the JSX whenever I think it will work for someone. It didn`t work out for me, but it`s still a killer three channel amp.

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by cyndicate

how about connecting to a home stereo with a distortion pedal, that is the holy grail of tone
:thu:

way back when i first started trying to play guitar, i had a MetalZone (it had just come out, or at least was fairly new) and that got plugged into a JVC portable sound system. back then, the JVC and other portables were made well, and that combo actually sounded pretty damned good at TV volume.

Archived