Worst amp experience!

JohnRageOn

• Members

I went to rehearsal yesterday and the studio had a JCM2000 60W. I thought ok since I don't have VH4 with me I'll give it a try! Whatever I tried this amp sounded like s**t and it was brand new. It's one of the worst things I've heard in my life. I've owned several Marshall products in the past but this is beyond any logical boundary the worst tube amp on the market by now. Even the valvestate I had as a kid sounded better! And this was tested in a rehearsal situation. Whatever I dialled, something else was missing. I even tried to boost with my BSM Fireball the crunch channel but still it sucked big time! I strongly advise you not to invest your money on this amp! Even JCM 900 sounds far better.

• Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

I went to rehearsal yesterday and the studio had a JCM2000 60W. I thought ok since I don't have VH4 with me I'll give it a try! Whatever I tried this amp sounded like s**t and it was brand new. It's one of the worst things I've heard in my life. I've owned several Marshall products in the past but this is beyond any logical boundary the worst tube amp on the market by now. Even the valvestate I had as a kid sounded better! And this was tested in a rehearsal situation. Whatever I dialled, something else was missing. I even tried to boost with my BSM Fireball the crunch channel but still it sucked big time! I strongly advise you not to invest your money on this amp! Even JCM 900 sounds far better.

Those are not great sounding amps, but it should have sounded better than that. Definately not my favorite amp by far. I bet it was a combination of the crappy stock tubes and maybe the wrong speaker type. Or maybe you just don`t like that model amp. That`s the crazy thing about musical gear. One man may love it and another man will hate it.

Eric

• Members

Ahh guys the studio had a 1960A cab with GH-75! I can't believe how I survived the whole rehearsal. I won't start telling you about the cleans also! IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!! They had a DC5 there. It actually sounded far better although it also sucks!!!

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Those are not great sounding amps, but it should have sounded better than that. Definately not my favorite amp by far. I bet it was a combination of the crappy stock tubes and maybe the wrong speaker type. Or maybe you just don`t like that model amp. That`s the crazy thing about musical gear. One man may love it and another man will hate it.

Eric

That's true my dear friend but it didn't cut through the band correctly. It sounded like a duck with crashed balls and cancer!

• Members

I don't know guys I've owned several of their products. Marshall it's not a top notch company but it had years to produce something like that!

I've owned a JMP-1 (pretty decent)

A JCM 800 2203(pretty decent also)

An EL34 100/100 poweramp (average)

A valvestate 80(sucks but better than JCM2000)

And heard, played and rehearsed with all of their products! Actually It is not a Marshall. I don't know what it is?

• Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

That's true my dear friend but it didn't cut through the band correctly. It sounded like a duck with crashed balls and cancer!

Well hell bro. You know it would sound like {censored}e compared to your VH4. HAHAHAHA, I`d hate to hear what you would think about my Single Recto. After the VH4 you probably wouldn`t use my amp as a door stop. :cry:

I say, just look forward to the next practice and put the horrible Marshall tone out of your mind. It`s better to look forward rather than back.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Well hell bro. You know it would sound like {censored}e compared to your VH4. HAHAHAHA, I`d hate to hear what you would think about my Single Recto. After the VH4 you probably wouldn`t use my amp as a door stop.
:cry:

I say, just look forward to the next practice and put the horrible Marshall tone out of your mind. It`s better to look forward rather than back.

Eric

Believe me I've played several times with the majority of rectos and sound ok in band context! They're not my preference but they're the best products Mesa offers by far! JCM2000 has very annoying mids and it's muddy and the bass frequencies are thin! And it is not so loud for a 60 watter!

Archived