Pretty eventful day in the tone search (tsl and uber content)

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Cool post. I often run my Boogie with the treble greatly backed off - say 8 o'clock, and with the mids pumped up to as much as 4 o'clock. It's an interesting way of getting a different voicing out of a passive tone stack. Recommended! :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X

I've been thinking my Stiletto was just an ear pick, but I bet if I set up my bass and mids like I usually do, then work in my treble and presence from 0, then it would sound way better.

Well I certainly didn't dial it in this way out of necessity, I don't think anybody could call the uber an ice picky kind of amp... but I'm sure you'll dig it, its not like it would make it worse, you know? haha...

my biggest thing was clarity, I'd never back off on treble or presence because I have always wanted to make sure you could really hear everything I'm doing... In fact, I think my very first post here was asking which high gain amp had the most clarity... I figured you had to have some highs in there for articulation, but it really is more to do with the players ability and cleanliness... I've gotten leaps and bounds better than I was three years ago before I was in the band I'm in now... No comparison... so now even with it dialed in this way there is still a ton of articulation

Archived