so the issue wasnt my guitar....amp issues...

Themetallikid

• Members

I posted earlier about my guitar cutting out mid song....took it to the store it wasnt the guitar...when i touched teh end of the cable I noticed a signal in my g major which was int he loop...so the preamp portion is working on my amp...i check the ohm setting and it matches the cab...any other suggestions???

• Members

guitar > wah> NS-2> JSX with a gmajor in the loop....

worked fine for the first 2 hours of practice. In the middle of Mother by Danzig, just cut out...no fading or crackling, just gone. I thought it was the guitar, had that checked out, works fine...when I pulled the cable out of the guitar, i put my finger on the tip of the cord and saw the G Major was still registering signal, just no sound coming out. I did have the ohm setting at 8 ohms which is what my cab is rated.

• Members

Originally posted by Themetallikid

guitar > wah> NS-2> JSX with a gmajor in the loop....

worked fine for the first 2 hours of practice. In the middle of Mother by Danzig, just cut out...no fading or crackling, just gone. I thought it was the guitar, had that checked out, works fine...when I pulled the cable out of the guitar, i put my finger on the tip of the cord and saw the G Major was still registering signal, just no sound coming out. I did have the ohm setting at 8 ohms which is what my cab is rated.

Since the G-Major was registering input, but there was no output to be had, perhaps you inadvertently set Output Mute or Output Level to 0 with your MIDI controller?

At any rate, take everything out from the front (pedals), and remove the G-Major in the loop. Your setup should be Guitar => Amp => Cab. Everything should be good to go; otherwise it's probably your amp.

If you find it's not your amp (sans FX loop anyway) then plug in the G-Major and see if it's working properly. If the G-Major seems to be working perhaps you have a bad FX loop driver tube (if there is one)?

• Members

The only way my Behringer would mute the output is if I switched to my tuner patch with the Kill Dry Function on, and the Kill dry is off, so even on my tuner i have to move the volume pedal to the heel position, I'll try just the straight in approach on sunday and see where that leaves me...

Archived