OT: Help with re-stringing a floyd rose on Caparison

EdwinBTG

• Members

ok, i feel really stupid for asking this, but can anyone possibly guide me through re-stringing a floyd rose setup? i just broke my first string on my caparison dellinger today, and i have no clue on how to re-string a floyd rose. :confused:

i tried un-doing all the strings on my dellinger, and when 3 of them were off, the floyd rose snapped back, i am not sure if you need something under it while you do that, i'm so lost right now. help! :confused::(

• Members

ok, here the way i do. This is the easiest way for me as i can clean my guitar while doing it.

1. block the trem. I roll up small peices of soft material i cut from a pillow case and place them in the trem cavity inder the trem. Block it so it is flush with the body.

2. Now remove all the strings.

3. Clean guitar.

4. Replace strings. I like to feed mine through the machine heads at the top so the ball ends are that end. I then feed them down the bridge and cut it about 3cm past the hole in the bridge for the string. lock the string in its sadle and the tune it up. Repeat with the rest of the strings.

5. When the strings are roughly in tune un block the bridge. Tune them again. You may need to adjust the screws on the claw at the back on the guitar if the trem is not paralel with the surface of the guitar.

6. lock the nut.

7 Fine tune with the bridge tuners

I hope that helps

Archived