OT: Car parts

CrashDavis

• Members
Originally posted by Code-001

Stock ones are prone to axle breaking. By upgrading to 31 or 33 splines, you have an extremely strong rear that I think will work perfectly for his needs.
:)

That's what I did. Got a 33-spline chuck and Moser axles. Changed the car to 5-bolt lugs and used the rear disc brakes from a '98 Explorer. Bolt-on with no cutting or welding.

• Members

Don't you mean so much more.....{censored}ty?
:p

Nah, Dana 60s are stong as {censored}.......but the crush collar should be removed in favor of a solid collar and preload shims. Oddly enough, the 8 3/4 Chrysler axles are just as strong and weigh 54 lbs less. Again.....get one with pinion shims and a solid collar. I have a few of them hanging around. Good 'ole 742 3rd members. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X

That's what I did. Got a 33-spline chuck and Moser axles. Changed the car to 5-bolt lugs and used the rear disc brakes from a '98 Explorer. Bolt-on with no cutting or welding.

Nice. Mine currently has a 31 spline setup since I don't need anything more than that. :cool: It should withstand 600 BHP considering I don't launch like a bat out of hell.

• Members

Nice. Mine currently has a 31 spline setup since I don't need anything more than that.
:cool:
It should withstand 600 BHP considering I don't launch like a bat out of hell.

Mine was a 347 stroker, 8.9:1 CR with AFR heads and a Kenne-Bell whipplecharger on a GT-40 base. Compcam, 1 3/4" Full-lengths into a 3" X-pipe with 2-chamber Flowmasters. I had it doing 12.02 @ 123. 60 foot sucked. Damn street tires :rolleyes:

• Members

Don't you mean so much more.....{censored}ty?
:p

i dont know if id personally go as far to say their {censored}ty. hahahahahaha. dana 60's are indestructible. i was just taking my knowledge with offroad and putting it to the street. makes sense huh? hahahahhahaha.

• Members

Well, their website's down at the moment but www.everdrive.com is a good place to find stuff like this and their prices include shipping. I manage an auto parts business and we recently started dabbling in the salvage parts industry. Some of the stuff is rediculously priced but most if it's reasonable and for the most part everdrive is a good place to get the hard to find stuff that you can't walk into a parts store and order. I don't know if customers can order direct or if you have to go through a store like the one I work at. WHen their site comes back up it may be worth a shot?

Other than that, yea. You should be able to find as many as you could ever dream of wanting at your local salvage yard.

• Members
Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

Well, their website's down at the moment but
www.everdrive.com
is a good place to find stuff like this and their prices include shipping. I manage an auto parts business and we recently started dabbling in the salvage parts industry. Some of the stuff is rediculously priced but most if it's reasonable and for the most part everdrive is a good place to get the hard to find stuff that you can't walk into a parts store and order. I don't know if customers can order direct or if you have to go through a store like the one I work at. WHen their site comes back up it may be worth a shot?

Other than that, yea. You should be able to find as many as you could ever dream of wanting at your local salvage yard.

im gonna definately check that out. thanks!

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

The Ford 8.8 isn't that old.

You can hack them out of newer Ford Explorers all day long.
:)

well ill have to figure out what the {censored} the rear end is that came with it. and if it isnt up to snuff. i might be stoppin by your house. take your cherokees rear end!

• Members
Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

goin into a rat rod. 1928 ford truck. thats slammed to the ground with a 350 410hp stock edelbrock crate engine. I also gotta find a 5 or 6 speed manual transmisison. Im hopin tomorrow is a joyous day for me and i come up on both.

You just moved up another notch in my book. :D:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

You just moved up another notch in my book.
:D:thu:

hahahahahaha thanks. im just a motorhead at heart. That and baseball is al i know how to do. Besides, with all the gay cars ive seen out these das, its time to have some more american thunder out there holdin it down.

Archived