DSL vs. TSL poll

jcourtjr

• Members

The TSL's lead tone was virtually useless. Plus, even on Marshall's "best amp to date", they still... STILL... couldn't resist their longstanding tradition of sharing EQ. How can you possibly claim an amp has 3 independent channels when the Presence and Reverb controls are shared off a Master section?

{censored}IN' - A! :mad:

You have to ask yourself, is any one of the TSL 100's channels worth $500 on it's own?

• Members

Originally posted by Towelie v2.0

You have to ask yourself, is any one of the TSL 100's channels worth $500 on it's own?

Absolutely.

Nothing like having my clean channel sounding great ALONG with my gain channel.

{censored}, even the 5150 or the 5150+ can't offer 3 INDEPENDANT CHANNELS!

• Members

I voted DSL because both the clean and crunch channel sounded better to my ears when i tried 'm (and bought the DSL), but having seperate eq's and an extra channel is surely a great thing. But it's probably just all that extra electronics and wiring that makes the DSL sound better (and a 1 channel JCM800 even better then both)

• Members

having owner neither, i voted DSL :p

eh, i've heard clips of the TSL and while it was very good indeed, i've got enough other amps for cleans and raunch that i wouldn't NEED the flexibility of a TSL. if i can get the DSL to give one or two GOOD tones, it would be nice enough. that and it's a fair bit more affordable than a TSL.

• Members

I voted TSL to be different... Plus, I think that the ability to switch between clean and crunch on the TSL makes up for the better crunch tone on the DSL. I seriously don't think these amps are as different as people are making them out to be.

• Members

I dont know how people can actually like these amps. i find it even stranger that they are two of the most popular amps ever.

I went to a guitar store to test out a new guitar i was thinking about buying. I plugged it into a DSL and coudlnt believe the sound that came out. NOT inspiring.

I had to lug my own amp head in to test the guitar cause the marshall sure wasnt going to tell me it was any good

• Members

Originally posted by mysticaxe

I voted TSL to be different... Plus, I think that the ability to switch between clean and crunch on the TSL makes up for the better crunch tone on the DSL. I seriously don't think these amps are as different as people are making them out to be.

:freak: C'mon dude the D(ual) S(uper) (L)ead has a lead and a crunch channel and the (T)riple has an extra lead channel. Please know what you are talking about before you post something and try to be interesting... :rolleyes:

• Members

I would have to say the TLS for cover band work.

I'm not a very huge Marshall fan but have been in bands where the other guitarist has had a Marshall and they sound pretty damn good.

The last band I was in our singer played with a TSL and a LP with EMG's and that sounded great!!!!

ps. buy a VH100R instead.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Heineken

:freak:
C'mon dude the D(ual) S(uper) (L)ead has a lead and a crunch channel and the (T)riple has an extra lead channel. Please know what you are talking about before you post something and try to be interesting...
:rolleyes:

I do know what I'm talking about. The crunch channel on the DSL has two modes - clean and crunch that aren't footswitchable. Those are the two best sounds on the amp. The TSL lead channel sounds better, IMO, than the DSL lead channel. The DSL crunch mode on the green channel sounds better than anything on the TSL, but the ability to switch between crunch and clean on the TSL gives it the advantage.

Stop eating poo long enough to read the whole post. :rolleyes:

Archived