another LP pickup sugestion thread

devilboy

• Members

you must be way more into tone than me.

i just know from time to time my taste will vary in tone. i've gone to the gibson factory and played many guitars with different amps and you can drive yourself crazy looking for tone. things will change tone (distance from amp, size of room, number of people in room, ceiling heigth of room, carpet or curtains in room, type of cab closed backvsopenback, speaker type)

no matter the output of the p/u the speaker will change the output of the sound. this sound will be affected by the space you are in.

i'm not trying to be an ahole.

• Members

Originally posted by zepremains

you must be way more into tone than me...

...i'm not trying to be an ahole.

yet lately you seem to have a problem with people on a tonequest...same thing arose in the "how's your paul setup" thread.

yes, I understand, things change, taste, room, mix (not to mention other band member's tone and style of music, {censored}, song to song for that matter), better still, bias will change with current...should we worry about relative humidity and ambient airpressure as well? but that's not the point, I'm talking about a pickup change, nothing out of the ordinary.

so, in short, I guess you're right: I must be way more into tone than you are...

• Members

Originally posted by devilboy

thanks dru. can you tell me roughly how the eq was set?

covers on the pup or no?

If you're referring to the amp's eq, it was: bass 100%, mids 100%, treble 0%, pres 0%, master ~3.

If you're referring to the GE-7, 100Hz was about -6, 20Hz at around -4, level was around +5

They are covered.

• Members

Originally posted by SFW

Last month, I decided to change the pickups in my LP Classic as well. I wanted to warm the guitar up. I went with the Duncan 59 in the neck and a Custom Custom in the bridge. I have been very happy with the results. The guitar is warm and punchy, with enough mids to really sing on leads. I went with a zebra pattern, and think it looks quite sexy as well.

Swap a Jazz in at the neck and that's one of my favorite combos for LPs....that nice midrange of the CC really sings. I definitly pref. the attack and definition of the Jazz over the mellowness of '59 at the neck though.

• Members

Originally posted by drucifer

If you're referring to the amp's eq, it was: bass 100%, mids 100%, treble 0%, pres 0%, master ~3.

If you're referring to the GE-7, 100Hz was about -6, 20Hz at around -4, level was around +5

They are covered.

thanks man:thu:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived