Carvin V3 Clip

atbear

• Members

Quick little somethin' 'cause it's been a while... too long.

Nothin' special here, but it didn't turn out too badly. Check it out and let me know what you think. It sounds better in the room than on this clip, but that's half the fun of making clips, ain't it? One take... just a rhythm, then a lead. I was mainly just working on mic placement on the Hellatone 60L.

This is just a moderate gain rock tune...

Gibson LP - V3 - V3 4x12 - Hellatone 60L - SM57

Settings:

Channel 1

EQX On

Classic (Center) Mode

Drive: 7

Treble: 7

Mids: 7

Bass: 7

Presense: 2

Channel Volume: 0.5

Master Volume: 7

Boost: 5

Bright: 3.5

Mid Cut: 2

Deep: 3.5

Boss RV-5 Reverb in Parallel Loop

V3 4x12 Clip

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Brady

Nice crunchy tone. I thought the lead tone was nice to.
:thu:

One thing though the lead didn't seem to fit with the rhythm track. Check what key you should be in. It sounded off to me.

Thanks...

The chordage was D, C, G and I was playing in the Dm pentatonic. Don't know what could have been off... maybe my playing?

• Members

Originally posted by atbear

Thanks...

The chordage was D, C, G and I was playing in the Dm pentatonic. Don't know what could have been off... maybe my playing?

That's the key of G. You could play and em pentatonic or G major scale. Dm would go with Dm F C B chords.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Brady

That's the key of G. You could play and em pentatonic or G major scale. Dm would go with Dm F C B chords.

It sounds fine to me. But, thanks... I'll try some G and Em over it tomorrow.

• Members

Originally posted by taken

Nice tones Drew, they sounded great.
:thu:

Thanks, man!

I'm getting a little blanket-over-cab with my recording... but it's not too bad. It's much more open and not as muffled in the room.

• Members

Originally posted by atbear

Thanks, man!

I'm getting a little blanket-over-cab with my recording... but it's not too bad. It's much more open and not as muffled in the room.

I found that clip pretty open compared to some. Some of the V3 clips I've heard sounded very blanketed, but that's cause everyone has the presence knob so damn low.

• Members

Originally posted by taken

I found that clip pretty open compared to some. Some of the V3 clips I've heard sounded very blanketed, but that's cause everyone has the presence knob so damn low.

Very true... I still had mine pretty low. I could probably go ahead and raise it to around 3.5 or so... but it's not like I'm displeased with my tone right now. It the room it's not muffled at all. Thanks again.

• Members

Originally posted by fr0sty

The tones sounded good. I do agree that the lead doesn't match well with the rythem. They weren't in synch beat wise. Some of the bends were off key.

Thanks for posting the clip!

You're welcome.

Archived