Casio 330 digital piano

3-plyguy

• Members

Yeah I know... Casio....

I tried out the newest generation of digital pianos and I was pretty impressed with build quality, action and sound. 330x was the model.

Full sized weighted hammer action keys to boot... very responsive to the touch.

The top octave was pretty "dead" but other than that, it sounded and played like a 1500 dollar board.

Carry's a price tag of 700 bucks... I just can't say the two words in the same sentence... :facepalm:

Anyone else tried one of these ??? Thoughts ???

I need to get a new piano as lugging the "beast" around has gotten old, as I have. It comes in at a hefty 75 lbs versus the 25 lbs the Casio weighs.

I really don't want to go over 1K and I don't want bells, lights & whistles. Just a good rock solid stage piano.

• Members

You may even want to check out 130 ... Pretty darn similar other than fewer buttons, fewer extra sounds, 14 less tracks on sequencer and no deidated L/R output (headphone only) ...

Interested in knowing if lack of last feature is a deal breaker for gigging musician ...

• Members

You may even want to check out 130 ... Pretty darn similar other than fewer buttons, fewer extra sounds, 14 less tracks on sequencer and no deidated L/R output (headphone only) ...

Interested in knowing if lack of last feature is a deal breaker for gigging musician ...

Yep, that would be a deal breaker for me. It does have both L/R(mono) and Midi outputs...

• Members

I bought a PX330 about 3 weeks ago. It's a really good deal; mine ended up costing about $530 out the door. I was going to get a px130, but I need the 1/4" outs and I midi it to a nord e2/61 for the rhodes. I use mine in a band setting and got it because it's light. It is a great bargain and sounds fine.

• Members

Got mine about two weeks ago. Piano sounds are great. The sequencer is easy to use as a scratch pad. Lots of things to love and not much to complain about for the price. Most reviews I have read were dead on.

• Members

Anyone else tried one of these ??? Thoughts ???.

Uh yeah. We all have. Casio Privias are no secret anymore. Along with making great affordable digital pianos, Casio has hired some Yamaha marketing veterans to get the word out and help get these things in the hands of every keyboard player in the world.

They will settle for nothing less than world domination. :evil:

Just kidding. But Casio has changed the market in the 21st century that's for sure.

Archived