I found the best sounding clean amp ever.

TheGreatGreen

• Members

Guys, i think i've finally found my tone... well, for cleans anyway. it's a Mojave Plexi 45. the thing sounds HUGE!!! very powerful and super clear/punchy bass, and really nice highs that aren't harsh or shrill at all. it sounds very sweet. also, it's got the *perfect* amount of soft breakup when you crank it a bit.

head.jpg

has anybody here ever played one of these amps?

• Members

hehe, the fact that i was playing a Tyler through the amp probably didn't hurt the tone much either.. :D but to be honest, it was one of the {censored}tier Tylers i've come across.

seriously, the amp sounds brilliant. i've never smiled so much in a music store over an amp meant for clean tones. i mean really... i broke out in a cold sweat over how good this thing sounded.

• Members

it was a Marshall vertical 2x12. not sure exactly what speakers were in the thing though.

as for the tyler, it was the standard strat setup.. 3 single coils.

i played a few other guitars through the amp and all of them sounded good, and very distict from each other. the amp was very transparent. all the guitars sounded good though.

oh yeah, and the channels were jumped, btw. that's where the amp sounds best. there's sort of a treble channel and a bass channel, and you basically use the volumes of each as a sort of EQ. the amp never flubbed out once though, even at the highest bass settings. i don't know if that was a testament to the amp or the speaker cab... or both, but whatever it was...... damn..

Archived