Hey Jerry P, 5150 custom head box?

hoax

• Members

Not the electronics mind you, just a box I can put the amp out of my 5150 combo into. I suppose I could just cut the top off, but that seems a little extreme. Anybody seen one of these anywhere else?

• Members

Any guess on price? Or how about this, I send you my 5150 combo, you toss the guts into the new head (whenever they are ready, which sounds great), and I trade you the rest of my combo (box, sheffeilds, etc.) for some amount of the value of the custom head. You could start a revolution of 60 watt 5150 heads, optimized for a 60 watt paradigm as opposed to a 120 watt paradigm currently ruling the 5150 world. If what we believe about the real heart of these amps being the power tubes really being pushed, how better to do it than to cut the power in half, and still drive one of the many cabs we know that work well with this amp. Imagine using the 5150 60 watt head (ie the converted combo, JerryP'd of course before it goes in the new box). This could be a great idea...what do you think?

• Members
Originally posted by hoax

Any guess on price? Or how about this,................................................... .what do you think?

I think this is the kind of thing you contact someone off-line about:thu: Right??;)

Archived