Crate Blue Voodoo BV120H

nick fury

• Members

So I just bought one about a week ago. Still deciding if I'm gonna keep it, but I have to say it's much better than I'd expect, especially considering the bad rap these amps are getting.

The clean is great, very alike a blackface sound, sparkly and big.

The high gain channel sounds big and focused. It's a very mid-heavy sound, but it's not honky, it's nice and thick. It has a good amount of gain, but nothing outrageous. It also sounds a little dry, at least through my buddy's G-flex I've been playing it through. I'm curious what difference a set of better preamp tubes would make.

It does cut through a band really well, though, and is clear and precise with fast picking and other chuggalicious goodness.

Seems to be built very well (at least from the outside), and is actually made in USA, to my surprise.

Sorry, no clips. Btw, it's the newer black and chrome version.

So far I only played it with my Schecter 007 Blackjack, my main metal machine.

• Members

I just jammed yesterday with the BV 120 (blue cosmetics). I agree the Cleans are very very good and very loud as well. I enjoyed the cleaner sounds but this ones Gain channel was way quiter than the clean and just so shrilly and ss distortion pedal sounding gain. I opted for a Ts 808 on the clean channel for gains(Ratt,Dokken,VH) and honestly for me that amp was great after that.

Used they are worth it for the clean channel and reverb alone IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by nick fury

It's all good, I am indeed a twat.
:thu:
What's your name on sevenstring?

It's Karl Hungus. :wave:

I'm not actually an asshole, just that here on Harmony Central I like to pretend I'm a black guy and go around calling everyone racist on the political forum. I recommend it for the budding troll.

• Members

Originally posted by JesseJackson

It's Karl Hungus.
:wave:

Cheers!

I'm not actually an asshole, just that here on Harmony Central I like to pretend I'm a black guy and go around calling everyone racist on the political forum. I recommend it for the budding troll.

Good stuff.

Archived