Random question: youtube video of a synth playing through a delay?

• Members

I feel bad starting a thread just for this, but I have been scouring youtube trying to find a video that might have been first brought to my attention from this forum.

It isn't anything spectacular, but I do remember the person in the video making very good use of some sort of delay unit. He only played a few notes on his synth, but he managed to play with the delay unit to make a pretty decent sounding song. The delay unit seemed like some sort of rack delay. I am not sure if it was digital or analog, or tape.

Any remember what video I am talking about?

• Members

The delay machine looked almost vintage. Full 19 inch rack. The knobs seemed like good sized knobs. The unit didn't have much color to it, probably metalic with black knobs, but my memory might be failing. The actual synth in the video wasn't the main focus of the video, so either it wasn't in view, or I really can not remember.

• Members

Well, I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube and something like this sounds familiar but there are likely dozens, if not 100s of videos like this. You might try sorting your search string for the video by upload date and you can rule out anything more recent than the approximate date you remember seeing this. Other than that I can't recall this specific video. Let us know if you find it!

Archived