Question about my Flextone's Speaker

martindcx1e

• Members

the speaker could be used as a 1x12 cab me thinks form using that jack from the speaker. To plug the amp into a speaker cab you would not use the cable connected to the 1x12 speaker to do so. You would use a seperate speaker cable from the appropiate connections on the back of the amp and run it into a cab. I am not sure if you could use the 1x12 speaker and a cab at the same time though, hope that helps and i'm prtty sure i'm correct in what i have said.

• Members

what exactly happens when a tube head isn't loaded correctly to a cab? does it just die immediately every time w/o fail or is it just really bad for it and can't handle it too many times? you'd think amp makers could find a way to keep the amps from powering on if not connected properly as a safety feature or something.

• Members

it can just be pretty harsh on the tubes, and other parts of the amp. definately not something you want to do often. As long as you can find out how many ohms the speaker is it will be fine to plug in, from doing a quick google http://www.shopping.com/xPC-Line_6_Line_6_Flextone_Lll_1_X_12_Guitar_Cabinet The extentionsion cabinet for a flextone is 8 ohms so i would expect your speaker would be 8 ohms in your amp. So all you have to do it plug it in correctly now you know the speaker is 8 ohms and your amp will be fine and will work like a charm.

• Members

Originally posted by rakester

it can just be pretty harsh on the tubes, and other parts of the amp. definately not something you want to do often. As long as you can find out how many ohms the speaker is it will be fine to plug in, from doing a quick google
The extentionsion cabinet for a flextone is 8 ohms so i would expect your speaker would be 8 ohms in your amp. So all you have to do it plug it in correctly now you know the speaker is 8 ohms and your amp will be fine and will work like a charm.

will it be obvious right away if something is wrong when i turn it on?

• Members

well as the speaker is 8 ohms and you plug it in correctly, why fear? If you have plugged it in wrong no sound will come out. But since you know how many ohms the speaker is it is near impossible to make that kind of mistake, i think your worrying a bit too much

Archived