Whoa, did I just get laid?!

FWAxeIbanez

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

ever seen it? If you really pay attention and take it one piece at a time, its a hell of a ride... not to mention genuinely funny, I bet everyone in that movie had a lot of fun making it

i dont think ive ever heard of it, i just seen laid and clicked :D

• Members
Originally posted by someones_tired

i dont think ive ever heard of it, i just seen laid and clicked
:D

figured as much... kinda why I titled it that way, but seriously, watch the movie... like I said, take it 1 piece at a time and concentrate on it all...

• Members

Originally posted by someones_tired

what is it about?

Here it is at Amazon

You're just gonna have to watch mang... its philosophy but they made up some neat characters to give you something to relate to, and to keep it from being in the hypothetical... saying its about everything and nothing at once would actually be a perfect description

I'm not into being mind{censored}ed constantly, so its not like I read up on all this stuff, but once and a while a movie like this is perfect for trying to bend your mind around new things

• Members
Originally posted by guidedbyechoes

I tried watching it, I just ended up saying what the {censored} is this movie trying to do, and then it got turned off and I turned all my attention on a lady friend.
:thu:

Shoulda stuck with it... its a kick man

• Members

I watched it and thought it was kind of dumb. They dress it up to look a lot more 'deep' than it really is. To me it was just a bunch of wasted time, with characters that got irritating after a while.

Maybe I just didn't get it though, and need to re-examine it? :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by danbronson

I watched it and thought it was kind of dumb. They dress it up to look a lot more 'deep' than it really is. To me it was just a bunch of wasted time, with characters that got irritating after a while.

Maybe I just didn't get it though, and need to re-examine it?
:confused:

yeah, I know how it can rub the wrong way, it definitely walks down the line between being pretentious and what not...

but I dunno, I got a giant kick out of it, you just can't take it completely seriously I guess... its fun to think about sure, but devoting anything more than a casual thought to that kind of thing is a pure waste

• Members

Originally posted by guidedbyechoes

Maybe I'll rent it again when I can devote my attention to it.

Eh, don't rent, see if a friend has it or something... I'd feel bad asking someone to spend money on something like this, because you are either gonna love it or hate it, as evidenced by me and sir bronson

• Members

I have watched it, but I really thought it was boring. I felt like it was the same movie as the royal tanaembaums. F*ck that movie was boring. It has nothing with getting it. It really tries to be deeper than it is. I think I drank alot beer watching that movie.

• Members

Originally posted by fretbrner

I have watched it, but I really thought it was boring. I felt like it was the same movie as the royal tanaembaums. F*ck that movie was boring. It has nothing with getting it. It really tries to be deeper than it is. I think I drank alot beer watching that movie.

the tenenbaums didn't have any existential detectives in it. huckabees is funny as hell. it's not deep, it's absolutely absurd. it ridicules and satirizes "deep"

• Members

Originally posted by Sinner6

The movie is a SATIRE of philosophy, not an INSTRUCTIONAL piece.

I think thats why the pretentiousness didn't bug me... it was intended

I don't know, the angle I took from it was "Sure all this stuff sounds interesting, but all in all it really has nothing to do with daily life"

Like I said, its fun to wrap your brain around some of the stuff they are talking about, but trying to apply it to daily life is where it loses its pertinence...

I still think the cast and crew had a fun time making this

Archived