Korg M3 footswitch

• Members

Hello,

I am looking at buying the Korg PS1 footswitch for the Korg M3 but I don't have a store near me that carries it in stock. I will have to order it online but I was wondering if there is any other footswitch I should consider at about the same price instead of the PS1?

Also, if I order a footswitch online I will be left without a footswitch for the next week or so. I have a Peavey guitar footswitch that has two switches...one named "select" the other named "effects" and the 1/4" jack is TRS style (or balanced) with the two rings. Would this be OK to use with the M3 in a pinch for basic switching? I realize that only one of the switches may work but is it at all harmful to the M3 to use this switch?

Thanks

-Count

• Members

Hi Count,

The only switch we can guarantee will work is our own PS1, but with that said, there are plenty of other footswitches that work just fine with the M3.

I can't specifically tell you if your Peavey footswitch will work, but if it's a passive switch that isn't putting out high voltage, it shouldn't damage the M3 when you try it out.

Hope this helps,

-Rich

Archived