keybd amp or speakr for practice and small rooms needed

MaNdU

• Members

i need a small practice amp or speaker for small rooms , something like a roland mobile cube or so. what i like about it is that it has some imputs and output so i can use it for practice with my mp3 playr or laptop silently?

is there anything better in the $200.00 $250.00 range for that use?

• Members

i need a small practice amp or speaker for small rooms , something like a roland mobile cube or so. what i like about it is that it has some imputs and output so i can use it for practice with my mp3 playr or laptop silently?

is there anything better in the $200.00 $250.00 range for that use?

CD player or whatever , into a mixer then your board and mic into a mixer ,, use headhpones. Thats all you need. I never turn my monitors on to practice solos and learn songs off CDs. I have a small yam MG fx series mixer with 8 holes.. it was cheap and even works for a band practice ... with a set of powered speakers for monitors ,,,

• Members

CD player or whatever , into a mixer then your board and mic into a mixer ,, use headhpones. Thats all you need. I never turn my monitors on to practice solos and learn songs off CDs. I have a small yam MG fx series mixer with 8 holes.. it was cheap and even works for a band practice ... with a set of powered speakers for monitors ,,,

i was thinking on getting a mixer instead but it would be nice to have a little speaker or amp for home use instead of plugging my 12" powered speaker everytime i want to play without headphones. anyone have use one of thouse mini portable speakers?

• Members

i was thinking on getting a mixer instead but it would be nice to have a little speaker or amp for home use instead of plugging my 12" powered speaker everytime i want to play without headphones. anyone have use one of thouse mini portable speakers?

You need a mixer anyway .... its how you get it all to mix together.

• Members

The key is whether you want to practice with stereo out or not. Keyboards these days are designed to sound good when stereo monitors are used, particularly piano and organ voices. I guess you'll be disappointed (as I was) if you use single keyboard amp for monitoring. But, just for practice, it'll be okay. If you end up buying two mini cube amps, then you'll find buying two KRK Rokit5 (~$300 for a pair) and Mackie 402-VLZ (~$100) was almost the same price tag, and sound better. If you can't afford $400 now, then I agree, mixer and headphone is the best choice.

Archived