How do you know when your dog is sick?

Towelie v2.0

• Members

Hi. Do dogs get sick from time to time?

I got a 1 yr. old Silky Terrier. He's usually a happy little spaz. He doesn't seem like his normal little self today. He's not excitable at all, and is mostly interested in sleeping. He IS eating and alert when I call his name and stuff, but he's looking kinda tired-like.

I wonder if he may have caught something from the groomers last Saturday.

Any advice?

• Members

Originally posted by Towelie v2.0

Hi. Do dogs get sick from time to time?

I got a 1 yr. old Silky Terrier. He's usually a happy little spaz. He doesn't seem like his normal little self today. He's not excitable at all, and is mostly interested in sleeping. He IS eating and alert when I call his name and stuff, but he's looking kinda tired-like.

I wonder if he may have caught something from the groomers last Saturday.

Any advice?

Yeah, he may have picked up a bug at the groomers.

As long as he is eating, and his appetite is ok, he should be fine...but if he is lethargic AND not eating, then get him to the Vets asap. You can also take his temp. >. Normal temp is around 101-102 Deg. F

• Members
Originally posted by Deuterium

Yeah, he may have picked up a bug at the groomers.

As long as he is eating, and his appetite is ok, he should be fine...but if he is lethargic AND not eating, then get him to the Vets asap. You can also take his temp. >. Normal temp is around 101-102 Deg. F

Thanks. :)

• Members

eating and alert means things aren't too bad. cold wet nose is another green light. dogs can get things like headaches and stuff just like people can, so just wait and watch.

dry or hot nose is often sign of more serious problems, but not always.

Archived