Kurzweil PC3K?

• Members

You'll probably get more info here:

I wouldn't hold my breath for a new K series - it could be quite a while.

I don't think it'll be
too
long before the PC3K's start showing up,but if you've just gotta' have a board right now, there's plenty to choose from.

Thanks, Bill. I'm not yet decided on the Kurz or not. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit new to the rompler world. I really like that that the PC3k has an analog synth onboard and some very convincing strings/orchestral stuff....plus I'm a huge Richard Wright fan, so the Kurzweil is a natural choice. Is there another board that is right up there with the Kurz that you would recommend?

• Members

You probably know this but it's a virtual analog synth onboard, no actual analog oscillators / filters / etc.

Yes that's what I understood it to be...mistyped. I'm really encouraged by the reviews I've read of the PC3X. It seems to be quite an instrument. I've played the Roland FX6 workstation and it wasn't quite suited to my tastes.

• Members

Keep in mind with Fantom X series you pretty much have to comitt to buying one or more SRX cards to take the soundset where you want it to be ... The good news is there's plenty of boards to choose from ...

In mine I have Complete Orchestra (Terrific), Studio (pretty useful), Supreme Dance (a little meh on this one) and Vintage Keys (indispensible for better EPS and whatnot as well as sampled vintage analog synth sounds ... )

SRX sounds are some of the very best out there, imo ...

Good luck ...

• Members

Anyone hear anything new on this? Also, when is the release date supposed to be? I'm eager to get one, but at the same time, a bit fearful that a K series keyboard will follow on the heels of the PC3k.

PC3K is shipping late May/early June from Sonikmatter accounts.

Word on the street is that next K series is currently in development. My guess, from watching the PC3 taking 2+ years to come out, is that next big K will be out 2012.

So, you could buy a PC3k now, and sell it in two years. OR you could buy a cheaper older K, like a K2600 or K2661. That's what I did, I got a K2661. However, it seems like a PC3 is a pretty kick ass investment. If you really wanted some hot {censored} synth programming action, I wouldn't hesitate, especially if you were poised to pull that trigger anyhow.

Archived