Question about Korg Trinity sounds...

Karma1

• Members

Honestly,the last thing I need is another synth, but I recently came across a good deal on a TR rack. The only things I'm interested, soundwise, are evolving pads, ambient textures, sci-fi sounds, etc. for trippy electronic music. I'm wondering how this category is on the Trinity. I've already got a number of Korg synths like the M3-M, Karma, Wavestation SR, and Micro-X, as well as Roland V-Synth, JD-990, Kawai K5000R, FS1R, and others, so I'm definitely not hurting for those kinds of sounds. But I'm just curious whether the TR Rack would offer anything substantially different or unique to add to the arsenal. I'm crazy to even be considering it, but if it was especially well suited for ambient electronic/new age music and offered a different array of sounds than what I have now, I might go for it. Any thoughts about this?

• Members

I feel your pain and I know what you mean. I have almost 30 keyboards now. Expensive boards not crap, but I never let that stop me from getting another. It could be worse. You could be blowing your money on drugs. Keyboards are an educational hobby. To answer your questions the Korg Trinity is a very nice sounding board. It has 32 voice polphony compared to 64 on your other boards. Yes, I think you will like the ambient sounds and evolving pads. I think the Trinity rack is a great buy nowadays. It is well made, metal, not plastic. If it is a good deal I don't think you will be dissapointed. Good luck in your music making.

Archived