EMU Proteus P2500 Command Station Problem(s)

• Members

I recently sold a Proteus 2500 on ebay which to the best of my knowledge was functioning perfectly (used without problem until roughly 8 months ago, then stored and briefly tested before ebaying).

On receipt of the unit, the buyer has come back to me with a list of problems...

1:Unit goes into powerdown mode randomly but doesn't power off.

2:After that, no voice change data is received from controller keyboard.

3:Unit powers itself up at random intervals from standby.

4:Track/Channel Knob 4 doesn't keep its mix value so track can't be used in recording.

5:Track 16 Knob,same as knob 4 above.

6:When soft booting up, unit can't locate its OS.

7:Front power button doesn't always function (have to use rear switch).

Ignoring the ebay side of things (and the associated potential for scamming), does anyone have any knowledge of these problems and what could be causing them?

Bear in mind that none of these issues had previously manifested themselves either in prior usage or the [very] brief test I gave the unit before listing!

:confused:

• Members

I have owned and still own a lot of E-MU gear and even owned a 2500 for a while. It sounds like a os problem for sure which could be from a loose cable that connects the main board to the knob/controller board. Either the unit was damaged during shipping or someone changed out the main board when it was received. Good luck with this one.

• Members

I have owned and still own a lot of E-MU gear and even owned a 2500 for a while. It sounds like a os problem for sure which could be from a loose cable that connects the main board to the knob/controller board. Either the unit was damaged during shipping or someone changed out the main board when it was received. Good luck with this one.

Thanks for that, the guy seems fairly stand up and is apparently in contact with EMU's service centre, so I just have to wait and see I think...

Archived