Live Apocalypse - Arch Enemy

Markymarc1979

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought this DVD today. I skipped out on buying tickets forSounds of the underground today and just bought this.

It is absolutely crushing on a home theatre setup. DTS sound is just amazing.

I am watching it on my 55' plasma and {censored}, it is jaw dropping. I caught myself headbangin man, several times.......

The aspect ratio is perfect for widescreen users as well, NO BARS.

No shortage of details on the DVD either as Amott goes through his rig setup as well as the drummer.

I would say this most likely be DVD of the year so far. Go out and buy it now

Well worth the money paid (18.99$ at HMV in canada).

:thu: :thu: :thu::D

• Members
Originally posted by deadwrong666

Re-affirms my want for a JSX too...........
;)

Sneap said the DVD was reamped with Kranks, whatever that means. I never knew what reamping meant. :confused:

I assume it means they went back in the studio and re-recorded everything with different amps?

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Sneap said the DVD was reamped with Kranks, whatever that means. I never knew what reamping meant.
:confused:

I assume it means they went back in the studio and re-recorded everything with different amps?

What? Really? How the {censored} can they do that on the live content? Not sure about that.....:confused:

I can hear the sound difference with the 3 doomsday tunes...

• Members
Originally posted by deadwrong666

What? Really? How the {censored} can they do that on the live content? Not sure about that.....
:confused:

I can hear the sound difference with the 3 doomsday tunes...

I dunno, like I said, I still am not sure what reamping exactly means. I never understood that.

• Members

I dunno, like I said, I still am not sure what reamping exactly means. I never understood that.

Im no expert but I think that you can record an clean signal from the guitar to disc or whatever and then take that recorded line level signal and "convert" it to instrument level to an amplifier of choice...

sorry for the crappy explaination, im deadtired...

And BTW on the arch enemy DVD, is their new guitarplayer on there? He any good?

• Members
Originally posted by Wurper

Im no expert but I think that you can record an clean signal from the guitar to disc or whatever and then take that recorded line level signal and "convert" it to instrument level to an amplifier of choice...

sorry for the crappy explaination, im deadtired...

And BTW on the arch enemy DVD, is their new guitarplayer on there? He any good?

I know what you mean, I just never really understood how that works.

Mike and Chris are the guitarists for the main show. The new guy is good though, but it's just not the same without Chris. :(

• Members

I know what you mean, I just never really understood how that works.

Mike and Chris are the guitarists for the main show. The new guy is good though, but it's just not the same without Chris.
:(

True, too bad Chris left, they are missing that I think. The new guy fills in nicely though. He is on the 2005 footage, which has 3 songs.

Funny, I wished they recorded that whole show on that DVD. I guess in 2009, well see the rest of it or a show from 2006. Seems weird that we are watching the Rebellion tour now.....nothing wrong with that though, as I like that album.

• Members

To reamp, you take the guitar to a di, one output goes to the recorder, the other to the pedals/amp, etc...When mixing, you then send the clean signal through any amp that you want and record that amp. This gives you endless possiblities and the ability to do multi layers of amps with only one take.

• Members

Yeah, if you reamp, basically when you record guitar, you record a direct signal straight off of the guitar. A plain clean, guitar signal.

Then later, you can take that, and 'play' it through different amps.

Imgine if you plugged a tape recorder right into your guitar. Played some stuff. Then, later on went to Guitar Center, and just played the tape through the input of different amps, to hear/test what they sound like.

• Members

Holy {censored} this DVD kicks ass! They arfor reall hell. And Angela is for reall it seems. Wow she is persuasive. LOL. What a delevery! Im surprised they aint opro popular if not dfoprs osme of mher note choices in say the chorus of Saveage Messiah... WTF where those notes? I think she trys to go too low sometimjes. But you cant deny she goit attitude I give it a::thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:

Angela is {censored}y scary:love: :love:

Archived